What's new

OOP Titles (1 Viewer)

I have been overwhelmed when visiting my local Best Buy at the number of new titles that are currently available on DVD. Sometimes it makes you forget about some of the older titles that may be treasures for a collection but for one reason or another have gone out of print. What are some OOP titles that are considered great movies that should be snatched up NOW before they are gone?

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Robocop Criterion.
It's been OOP for a while but you can still get it at Amazon or Suncoast. Especially with the MGM SE coming next year, this one will be even harder to find. Great DVD. The commentary and "X-rated" violence make it well worth it.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Charade Criterion and Dead Ringers Criterion are both recently out of print, but still easy to find, for now.
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
Criterion's This Is Spinal Tap-- the transfer has the subtitles actually in the film as they originally appeared, and there are more deleted scenes, and a promo reel.
A Hard Day's Night-- One of the best rock n'roll films ever! I keep hearing noise about a rerelease, but nothing has come of it.
The 5 Paramount Marx Bros. Films-- The qualities of the transfers are so so, and there are no extras, but it's better than nothin'.
That's all I can come up with.
Derek

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
haha ... this is Spinal Tap Criterion... that went out of print in like 98'... and sadly, I search by the 'T' section everytime I am in a record store
biggrin.gif

------------------

robpic.jpg

My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Why, that's the biggest Kahn since Genghis" -Sealab 2021

Matt Everett

Stunt Coordinator
Sid & Nancy Criterion edition is incredible if you happen to be a fan of the Sex Pistols, Alex Cox, or just off-beat movies in general. It's got a commentary, a documentary on the making of the film, lengthy clips from two punk docu's, an audio interview with the real Sid Vicious, and some other stuff. The MGM re-issue has a trailer I think, but that's it. It's supposed to be a really good transfer, but no real extras. I doubt they will ever do an SE for a small movie like this, so I value the Criterion edition highly.
It's been OOP for a while, and I doubt many places have it anymore. I haven't seen in it Atlanta, Chattanooga, or Nashville in months. But if you happen to find it, you might like it.
------------------

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I can't say for sure, but I've heard that The Decalogue is going oop. This set is a must-have!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks