What's new

OOP DVD's: If found, a good investment? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I've found several out-of-print DVD's over the past two to three months. Here are my findings.
Robocop: Criterion Collection
The Exorcists
I already have the first, but if anybody is interested in knowing where to find it, it's in the Lexington Mall in Lexington, KY.
As for the second, I have the The Version You've Never Seen. However, it doesn't have the Fear of God documentary. Should I get this DVD? I know where it is.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Let's see, Matt Chmiel has Rini Bell, NickSO has Mena Suvari, John Williamson has Ivana Milisevic, and Steve Gon has Emmanuelle Beart...who the hell do I have???
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I have been tempted to pick up the 25th Ann. of Exorcist for the documentary. Is the video quality much different than "The version you've never seen"?

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Dome,
I would say that some OOP DVD's are a good short-term investment. However, if something that is OOP is suddenly re-issued or better yet, with a new transfer or new/better extras than the value can significantly decrease.
To quote an investment buddy of mine "collectables are a volotile market."
Think of all the people who were paying $60 for beanie babies.
eek.gif

------------------
THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY
375 Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I found a used copy of Criterions Hard Boiled a few months ago at a local video game store. Took it home for the low low price of $15. Yay me!
Seems like Criterion OOPs generally keep their value, even if they're redone by another company.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't actually think of investing in OOP things. They are a nice find, if you like the title and want it for your collection. Otherwise, you might get burned if the title is reissued.
That said, if anyone knows where to get a first pressing of The Devil's Advocate, I'd be interested.
biggrin.gif

------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks