What's new
World Wide Stereo

Onkyo HTS-570 V.S. the world (1 Viewer)

DustinT

Agent
hi Folks,
within the next week or so (preferably as early as this weekend) I want to buy my Surround system. My living room is very small, about 13' by 15' i believe, and our couch + t.v. are all off to on side. Video will be delivered via 42 inches of plasmic bliss, but that is a later phase (probably early June).

For now, i need help in deciding on my surround system. While at Circuit City I fell in love with the Onkyo HTS-570 (or HT-S570 depending on where you look it up). it's 5.1, 5 x 100 Watt satellites and 1 100 Watt 8" sub. No CD player, but i've already got that handled. Then i found out about the HTS-770. 130 Watts per channel, + 220W 10" SUB! AWESOME. problem? speakers are tooooo big. wall mounting them would be hideous (according to my wife).

So what do you all think? the 570 is about $300. the 770 is about $400. For the money, does anyone have experience with anything they think may be superior to the 570? I need everything included, have none of it...speakers, sub, amp, reciever, etc.

thanks,
Dustin

728x90

RyanJE

Second Unit
Ah the good old WAF, Such an obstacle. You could always stand mount the fronts and either wall mount or stand mount the rears. There is some pretty nice looking cheap stands out there. They're not fillable or anything but that shouldn't be much of a factor in this caliber of a system.

DustinT

Agent
well, went to buy the HTS-570 a couple weeks ago but they were sold out. i considered myself lucky because the store demo just didn't sound as exciting as it did before...

but last night while listening to some CD's i realized i just had to have something, so i went back to Circuit City planning on buying it, but found that it was replaced with the HTS-580. the Sub is not longer self powered, but draws from the Receiver, and to my surprise, seemed more powerful. so picked up the unit, took it home, watched Lord of the Rings for surround and sub effect, then Shrek 2 for muscial listening mostly.

WOW was I happy! I keep thinking about the seen in the Two Towers when the Elves arrive to the castle to help man fight... when all the elven troops turn and stomp their bows down... awesome with this new system. very exciting...

and musically?? CRISP! can't wait to go home and watch more movies tonight, glad it's rainy out.

so all in all for anyone shopping for a Home Theater in a Box for under $300, I must say i am thrilled with the Onkyo HTS-580. the new design on the speakers is much more appealing too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks