What's new

Onkoyo HT-RC360 keeps putting sub level to -15dB (1 Viewer)

jkhcurry

Auditioning
Real Name
James
So I've had my setup for about 2 months a Onkoyo HT-RC360 and Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE speakers. Lately the receiver keeps changing the sub level to -15dB and I lose all of the bass. I haven't been able to pinpoint when it happens the most but it seems to be when a commercial comes on it just will suddenly change the level or when I switch inputs. I haven't noticed it to change while watching a Blu Ray but it has happened on all of the inputs including Blu Ray. It seems to be happening several times during the day with no rhyme or reason. Also, I just updated the firmware so it's at version 1141-1600-0010-8106 and it's still happening.
Lastly I don't know if this is related, but the receiver will click every now and then as well as if I don't have the volume turned up very loud sometimes the sub will not be putting out any sound then all of the sudden you'll hear it "come on" but that's only if the volume is turned on below maybe 30.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There is no reason an AVR changes "levels" after you've left the menu, unless there is an internal power failure happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks