What's new

OMG! Werewolf: The Series (1 Viewer)

MattSav

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I remember watching this series when I was a little kid and getting scared and changing the channel.

I'm willing to give it a rental at least. Here's hoping it holds up better than Swamp Thing did. I went back and tried to watch that and it just aged really horribly.

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
I think this series will more than hold up, excluding some of the 80s music and stuff. I was just watching my old copies of this show and got hooked on watching them all again even though I was really wanting to wait for the official release. It is just a well written show, and that never gets old.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I am glad to here this because I was a little concerned about this myself... thanks!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas

Haha, that just goes to show you how effectiveness the series were (I was bit scared myself at the time).

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
Artwork looks pretty good. Although, I would have gone for a darker pallette.

I am worried about the supposed running time of 630 minutes for this 5-disc set. That isn't enough. There were 28 half-hour episodes and a 2 hour pilot movie. Minus commercials, the episodes would be around 22mins 30secs each and the pilot would be 92 minutes. 28 episodes x 22min30secs= 630mins. This means the running time only accounts for the actual 28 episodes and not the pilot movie! Hopefully, the advertised running time is incorrect :frowning:

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Network shows at the time were roughly 24 minutes, give or take a bit. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to take the runtime as a sign.

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned that one poster who was worried about music in the 2-hour pilot, and 3 other episodes. Multiply 24 with 25, and you only get 600 minutes.

Plus, it would be false advertising, to skip over the pilot and 3 other episodes, due to music issues, and yet still call the set "The Complete Series", wouldn't it?

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
I just looked over my personal copies of the original broadcast runs and the average running time is about 22min 30sec per episode with all of the credits intact and minus the commercial bumpers.

Also, false advertising isn't quite so black and white with DVD releases. Plenty of shows have been billed as "complete" even though music has been replaced and in some cases, whole scenes missing. The Tick cartoon series DVD sets were billed as complete seasons but were missing one episode from each season. I hope the running time is wrong and we do get the pilot movie as well!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Got an UPDATE today...

Set has been pushed back about a month. Instead of coming out Sept. 1st it will now come out Oct. 6th.

It also mentions a couple extras (Featurettes) for the set...
- The Man Who was Alamo Joe (With Actor Lance McGault)
- To Build a Better Werewolf (With Special Make UP FX Creators Greg Cannom and Dino Crognale)

And it says we can expect some more special features as well.

Edit to correct release date.

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
I'm sure the delay was meant to push it closer to Halloween and get that additional interest. I'm hoping that John York will participate in the extras, as well.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. It actually worked out for the better for me as I know I will have a little more money available in October then I will in September.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
Shout Factory has an episode list up now. The good news is that the pilot is listed but don't know about any music omissions. They've got the contents of the first 4 discs and there are supposed to be 5 discs total;
Shout! Factory Store

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Originally Posted by supes78

Shout Factory has an episode list up now. The good news is that the pilot is listed but don't know about any music omissions. They've got the contents of the first 4 discs and there are supposed to be 5 discs total;
Shout! Factory Store
I see they now have the content for Disc 5 there. The rest of the episodes... yes looks like it is everything including the pilot movie all what seems to be in order that it aired. But no more bonuses on Disc 5... so looks like it is only the 2 featurettes.

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
Oh, man! They have to be kidding! No retrospective documentary on the show?! Not even a John J. York interview? That sucks. I was really hoping Shout would come through on this one. Oh well, I guess beggars can't be choosy. At least we will finally get the complete run of the series.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Brian Ward just announced on Shout! message boards this title is on hold until probably at least next year due to music issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks