What's new

Old vs New World (1 Viewer)

Rtom816

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I have a much loved Pioneer VSX-53TX, two PD-F27 CD players in series. Yeah, I know. Got a Vizio SmartTV. On DishTV and Wi-Fi. When I try to access the receiver SetUp with the 53TX remote the setup menu should appear- nope. Am I SOL? Can these 2 worlds function in unison? Help

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There’s no reason the receiver’s OSD shouldn’t work with the Vizio, but you do need a video connection from the monitor out in the receiver to the TV, and you need to select it.

Rtom816

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
My apologies for being so dense. I found the "Monitor Out" on the receiver. My simple logical mind says find the "Monitor/Video In" on the TV. No such animal. Any suggestions on where to find the input for the "Monitor Out" cable on the TV? There is a bank of connection ports on the side labeled as 1. HDMI where my Roku device is connected 2. USB where my Dish is. 3. there are five RCA cable style connectors. Am I close?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
C'mon...

The Pioneer has a yellow, RCA "Monitor Out" connection, and I'd bet one of those RCA connectors is a yellow "Video In". Connect those two with an RCA cable. To see the receiver's OSD, select that input on the TV and go to the Setup Menu on the receiver.

Maybe the Vizio came with an A/V input adapter that has the video input, but it should be in the RCA cluster you mentioned.

Rtom816

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
C'mon...

The Pioneer has a yellow, RCA "Monitor Out" connection, and I'd bet one of those RCA connectors is a yellow "Video In". Connect those two with an RCA cable. To see the receiver's OSD, select that input on the TV and go to the Setup Menu on the receiver.

Maybe the Vizio came with an A/V input adapter that has the video input, but it should be in the RCA cluster you mentioned.

Rtom816

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
John, you were totally over the target. Followed your thoughts and I now have a new world TV and an Anasazi sound system marriage. Thank you for the enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks