What's new

Ok to drill the back of JBL E 20 (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Hey guys,

I just got my entire new home theater setup last week. I went with E30 and Ec35 for the front, E20 for the sides and E10 for the rears powered by an Onkyo 503 receiver, Oppo dvd player and Z3 projector. I was running out of money so I went with the JBL 250 sub, and guess what, I love it! Sure, its not as good as my old SVs but for now, its perfect.

Anyway, my delima now is I need to mount the speakers on the wall. Is it safe to drill / mount speaker mounts to the back of the speaker? I guess I am worried about drilling into the crossover and damaging something.

Thanks.

BillSuneson

Stunt Coordinator
Personally a 10 dollar shelf from target would make me sleep easier than drilling into the back of a speaker. Also that will hurt resale if you ever decide on that.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Hey,

I guess I would have to agree that drilling my speakers would not be the best idea, so, I went to Home Depot on my lunch break tonight ( I work 2-11 pm) and grabbed 2 nipples, 4 flanges and a piece of scrap wood and I am going to make my own little cheap strong shelf, with no holes drilled in the speaker... and the "shelf" will be invisible.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
FWIW,

See Phil Iturralde's post (and links) in this thread (re: JBL S-Series -- don't know that it makes any difference as long as you make sure you don't drill into the crossover!).

JKS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks