What's new

ok so confused about av receiver and projector input / output (1 Viewer)

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Hey guys I just bought a yamaha home theater kit from best buy. I see a lot of post about same input needs to be same output. But is that the same on a non hd projector like my epson powerlite s1? My projector only has rca type video in and also some computer moniter type inputs.

1 I have a xbox 360 with hdmi or composite digital cable with rca composite and hdmi.

How would get these to show onto the projector since it does not have the same output as the devices inputing to the receiver. Thx for the help

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
According to the manual for the S1 it has a composite input, an S-video input and a computer/component input. Surely the Yamaha receiver and Xbox have component connections? If so all you would need is a cable that converts component to mini d-sub 15 pin (male) blue. Otherwise you will need to use S-video.

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Could I do all components into the AV receiver and once composite RCA out to the video in on the projector

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Originally Posted by awells85

Could I do all components into the AV receiver and once composite RCA out to the video in on the projector
I don't know if that would work. You'd have to look at the manual and see if the receiver pushes all input signals through the composite output or only the signals from the composite input.

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Ok I think I found what your talking about. I fount a compnent the male end of that connection. Ill plug the one end into the projector and the other component ends into the out on the avr. That should let me plug xbox and cable component into the in on the avr but still output them to the projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks