What's new

*** Official VALKYRIE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there have been some reports that the theatres are not playing the movie right with the proper sound. I saw it at a press screening and the soundtrack was very muted.

Jacob

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Valkyrie". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Valkyrie" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I saw a digital presentation and there were no issues with the sound. As a matter of fact, I'd have liked it a bit lower.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I went to a press screening. the sound was way off. that is now I know about that. I also heard from someone that worked on the movie. other theatres were having the same problem.

Jacob

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Cruise is on Leno right now (Mon night), and he looks positively anorexic. What's up with that.

--
H

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Loved this film. The tension builds throughout, despite knowing the outcome in advance. Great cast too.

townsend

Agent
Real Name
Scott

Though I didn't love it, I did like this film. I liked the way the German army was portrayed, and I agree the tension builds throughout, even though the ending was predictable (same situation as with Titanic).

I thought the cast was great, except for Cruise. He was ok, but I'm not sure he really fit the role. He looked a little young to me. I'm not a Cruise basher per se . . . I loved him in Few Good Men, Last Samurai, and Collateral.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I saw it last night, and after I got back from the theater I spent about an hour reading up on the July 20 plot. I couldn't find any major detail in the film that wasn't mostly historically accurate. I think where they took the most liberty was in portraying the degree of control the conspirators had over the German government/military after the bombing. The sources I read indicate they had a small degree of control, but not nearly at the level portrayed in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks