What's new

***Official Survivor: Thailand Discussion Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, folks, I was out of town last week, and just finally got around to watching last week's 1st episode for season 5.

Survivor's 1st 6 boot-offs has always been about playing the "politics of the weak" game. That's why John got the boot.

So what's the mystery of Clay (who would not divulge his occupation)? Is he really just an older rich dude? A sociopath?

I loved how Tanya rolled her eyes at tribal council when the used car salesman was going on with the "don't judge a book by its cover" spiel.

I didn't love seeing Tanya puking every 5 minutes of running time on this first episode.

Ghandi will be a huge liability for her tribe. Hope she goes soon (but I doubt it). She's got that whole Oprah vibe going on with her tribe. Too bad.

Will Shiian be successful in getting Robb booted on the SJ tribe? Robb is one idiotic dude.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I loved how Tanya rolled her eyes at tribal council when the used car salesman was going on with the "don't judge a book by its cover" spiel.
I had forgotten about that....Brian really did himself some injury there. The first part of his response was OK (a little cheesy, but ok) but he kept GOING... Unable to stop being a slickster, even there.
Hope Tanya gets better, because I'm still not over my disappointment that Jessie (Survivor: Africa) was booted out early for being sick!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Also, Helen said she voted for Clay because he owned a restaurant and thought he didn't need the $$$ as much as everyone else.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I already hate Robb and when I was watching Brian at Tribal Council he reminded me of Owen Wilson (in just about every movie he was ever in). I actually hope he's around long enough to say more stupid stuff.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Brian will look like Owen Wilson if he gets into the fight in episode #3 and winds up with a big honker for a nose. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/26/02 show:

The winning tribe for the luxury items was:

Sook-jai and they got some good fishing gear so they could fish for more food instead of relying on the fruit/vegatation.

The winning tribe for immunity was:

Sook-jai once again as they were first to put together a big jigsaw puzzle of a flower on the water - the pieces required each survivor to swim and release the pieces underwater. It was a close event, but Sook-jai pulled out another immunity challenge.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And so the 2nd person to get the boot is:

Tanya - for her puking ways. That's too bad because she's really pretty.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Those previews are awesome! I can't wait.

At least they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by voting off Helen. They're going to need her if they want to win some challenges. It was Tanya's time to go.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Indeed. They certainly are hyping the upcoming episode! It looks to be a great one.
I was happy to see Tanya get the boot. She was definitely a liability as they need all the strength they can muster right now.
I can't think of too much more right now. Perhaps I'll chime in later after some more comments.
Cheers! ;)

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
I saw the previews twice on my satellite. This will be the episode which Jeff Probst has been hinting about, where a challenge that involves phsyical conduct between tribes, turns especially rough. From what the previews show, Robb appears to be at the throat of Clay at some point in the challenge. He is then seen back at camp pouting that "He's a small little jerk" or something. My theory is that Robb was being himself and got so furious, he attacked Clay and had his team disqualified for it. As for Jed and Ghandhi, your guess is as good as mine. I thought they were forming an alliance back when the two of them plus Clay were talking votes in the water.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Why kick Tanya off?
Tanya is just too pretty and nice to have been kicked off so early. :thumbsdown: Sure, she was weak from lack of eating, but she seemed capable in the long run. Jan and Ghandia appear to add very little in terms of physical or mental abilities. Jan is the one who picked this incapable group in the first place, kick her off. Clay is simply a clod. Kick him off. Is this going to become a "Survival of the Weakest" the way Survivor 4 did?
I am really enjoying this Survivor overall, much more than the previous Survivor. I like how the elements, environment and day to day tasks seem to be more challenging to the contestants than Survivor 4 (as evidenced by the quick physical demise of Tanya and Stephanie). It also seems there are quite a few more participants that are more likeable than the ones on Survivor 4. So far so good.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I hope Tanya was sicker than she looked. She seemed to do the challenges fine. She wasn't a liability. I think the tribe should have voted off Ghandia (how long does she get to stick around after blowing the first challenge and swimming very slow in this one?) or Jan. I always root for the underdogs but man, I hope none of these guys win it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks