What's new

*** Official SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I caught a sneak peek at "Something's Gotta Give" tonight.

There are plenty of laughs and insights into the romantic lives of people who've weathered plenty in their lifetime (with the defense mechanisms to prove it), and yet are still hit hard by the notion that love isn't an age thing, but it is simply where and when you find it. There's a lot of laughter to be mined from romantic pain and uncertainty, and Nancy Meyers (writer/director) does her darnedest to do so.

I do think the film runs about 10 minutes too long, but the roller coaster ride has plenty of ups and downs for the principal parties involved: Erica (Keaton) and Harry (Nicholson). The supporting cast (mainly Amanda Peet and Keanu Reeves, and also a little bit of Frances McDormand) is good, though under-developed and mainly serve to push the plot along.

I think this film is going to do well among the over-40 demographic (given the star turns by Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson) because it's a pleasant romantic comedy for such a group. This is your dad's romantic comedy.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Something's Gotta Give". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks