What's new

***Official PSP Post-Release Discussion and Review Thread Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Hm, good news about the stick then I guess. Me, I am happy with my Sandisk 512 Pro Duo though. Although not really liking that it is really only 468mb:frowning: If only it were one meg larger. I got LOTR Two Towers down to 468MB. The stick is literally about 325k short of fitting it on there. UGH.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The more I'm using the PSP for media the more I'm liking it. I picked up a couple of 512Meg Sandisk PRO DUOs (one for saving games and one as a backup for my SONY Cybershot Camera and I must say that using the DUO w/ adapter in the camera and then using the PSP to preview the pictures is a lot clearer than the LCD on the camera (and a lot more convenient than if I want to carry a Laptop around.)

I purchased the PSP for gaming and all these extras make it a real bargain.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Just picked this up today. I really had no desire at all to own one as I'm a big XBOX guy and not into portable gaming. But damn this thing is fun! I only have Metal Gear right now but I am really enjoying it! What are some other good games to check out right now? Is Tiger Woods similar to the xbox version?? By the way if anyone in Rockland NY is interested in owning one when I purchased my PSP today at 8:30 at the Spring Valley Target there were 6 remaining!!! They closed at 9 and i figured they werent going to sell another 6. So if you want to pick one up this is the place to go tomorrow morning. Im just putting this up because these things are impossible to find in the NYC metro area. Well back to Metal Gear!!

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
You know what would be cool. If they had burnable UMD's with a drive you could hook up to your computer. :D

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Michael, the only game you need to worry about with the PSP is Lumines. The new crack.

Ridge Racer is also spectacular.

But Lumines.....ooooooh.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Well i sold my DS and gamecube.....I'm sorry but after beign a longtime Nintendo supporter I just have to say after playing the PSP it's gameover....So I picked up a ton of PSP games: Ridge Racer, Tiger Woods, and Luminas.....Luminas is lots of fun, Ridge Racer is fun, and Tiger woods is fun but load times are awful....I have never owned anything PlayStation before so most of these games are new to me....Lots of fun...is anyone going online with these things yet??? Is it reliable yet? By the way I can't find screen covers anywhere!!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I also find the Tiger Woods PSP load times extremely long. The graphics are terrific, and the game is a lot more addictive than I thought it would be. I guess this is a bit of a tradeoff since faster loading times would probably result in graphics with fewer details, etc.

I'm not familiar with this title on other platforms. Is there also a problem with this game's load times on, say, the PS2, the PC or XBOX? What I mean is, are the load times for this game also noticeably slower than most other games on these platforms too?

Just curious.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I sold it on Amazon.com for $125....There is just a total lack of DS software for me to even contemplate keeping it. And plus after I played Tiger Woods....I just can't go back to my DS...oh well at least someone else will enjoy it!

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I just looked at the DS release list - nothing really peaks my interest until late summer perhaps (Lunar?)

It looks like GTA will be the game of choice once I finish Untold Legends.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
So has Sony boxed up 1,000,000 PSPs? I bought mine last night from Target and I don't have the Spider-Man movie... :frowning:

But I gotta tell ya, this thing is awesome!

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
I went to 6 different places to find one unit with the spider man disc in it.. luckily someone returned a unit without opening it... the screen is unbelievable..

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
My guess is that the first batch shipped to stores had the disc. We are likely on the second batch of units already.

I think we've got another month for these units to be rather plentiful. As soon as GTA hits mid-may, we should see a spike in sales.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Shawn, be sure to check outside your PSP box. There should be a sticker saying "Free Spider-Man 2 movie!" on the front...if there is one, you should complain. Id check though.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
I've seen stores with 20 of the newer units in stock and the spider man sticker is replaced by one that says there is a free disk. (the one with trailers and videos)

Shawn C

Screenwriter

Nope, no sticker. I didn't know to look for a seperate sticker. Oh well. Not a big deal, but it would have been neat to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks