What's new

Official 13th Annual HTF October Scary Movie Challenge 2012 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
29. Night School
A killer murders women that go to and are involved with people at a night school. Decent (though very predictable) slasher movie.
I had a power outage for the last 20 hours so I'm writing even less than usual in an effort to get those last two movies in to hit the 31 mark.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Bob McLaughlin said:
31. Horrors of the Black Musem (FTV)
Presented in "Hypno-Vista", whatever that is...
Hypno-Vista is a gimmick consisting solely of that 15 min. tacked on prologue. It was supposedly modeled after the theatrics/gimmicks of William Castle designed to draw people into the theater.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
47 A Little Bit Zombie (2012) no stars
Dreadful movie about a young man infected with the virus that tries to balance his desire to eat brains with retaining his humanity and pleasing his finance.
This was suppose to be a comedy but I found nothing funny here. Stephen McHattie was one of the stars and I loved him in Pontypool. I wish I could say the same here. Inane acting and just a terrible mess from start to finish.
TV
34 Supernatural: Season 2: Heart
Very touching episode about a young woman unaware that she is a werewolf and a vicious killer.

Sandro

Second Unit
Pin 1/2

Very entertaining version of the Agatha Christie story follows the book fairly closely. It reminded me of something like The Lady Vanishes with its combination of thrills, mystery and comedy. Available on YouTube.

Full List

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Halloween (1978)
While waiting for this to start tonight I realized it was the first Carpenter film I've seen in the theater since ESCAPE FROM L.A..
The featurette was pretty useless as it didn't tell us anything we didn't know before. Plus, we had a head doctor on there trying to tell us horror fans why we like horror movies. STFU.
The print was rather soft and the volume was down WAY too low on the movie but I still enjoyed seeing it on the big screen for the first time. They used an earlier print, pre-controversy so I was at least happy to have the colors correct. Seeing the film on a big screen really makes you notice how much of a low-budget movie it is and it's really the first time I've ever noticed this and I've probably seen the movie well over fifty times. I'm not saying this is a bad thing but it's also easy to see why it probably wouldn't play overly well to crowds today. I really love the way Carpenter slowly builds up the tension and it's amazing to see how well the final twenty-minutes still play.
I mentioned this in one of the earlier threads but I do enjoy most of the sequels (2,3,4,7) but had there never been any.....what a f'ing amazing and haunting way for a picture to end. I still remember when I first watched this and didn't know there were any sequels. Just knowing that he was still out there was just downright creepy and perfectly ended the picture.
Movie: :star::star::star::star:
Format: Theater
Chiller 13: The Decade's Scariest Movie Moments (2010)
Fun documentary counting down the thirteen scariest movies from the decade. Various actors, writers, directors, fans, critics and other personalities talk about the films and their favorite scare scenes from them. In alphabetical order the films included are: 28 DAYS LATER, 30 DAYS OF NIGHT, CLOVERFIELD, THE DESCENT, DRAG ME TO HELL, FINAL DESTINATION, HOSTEL, THE MIST, ORPHAN, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, THE RING, SAW and THE STRANGERS. Obviously, whenever a list like this comes out no one is ever going to agree with it but that's part of the fun because it leads to some good conversations and debate. My #1 pick for the decade is on the list but didn't quite make the top spot but I won't mention which film that is. For the most part I thought the documentary was fun and especially when you get to hear from others about what they thought was frightening. Yes, some of the people interviewed were a tad bit annoying but we can't have everything perfect. If you haven't seen a film and it comes up on the list it would probably be best to skip over it because each film has major spoilers given for it.
Movie: :star::star::star:
Format: Chiller
Chiller 13: Horror's Creepiest Kids (2011)
Actors, writers, critics, directors and various other people comment on the thirteen creepiest kids in horror history. The films highlighted here in alphabetical order are: THE ADDAMS FAMILY, CHILDREN OF THE CORN, THE EXORCIST, THE GOOD SON, INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE, LET ME IN, THE OMEN, ORPHAN, PET SEMATARY, POLTERGEIST, THE RING, THE SHINING and THE SIXTH SENSE. Overall this is a good little documentary that, as always, is meant to stir up a debate and I think the films included here will be easy to do that. I mean, no offense but is THE ADDAMS FAMILY really needed on a list like this? I'd also add that it's clear that the producers of this thing only wanted to mention more popular titles because had they gone back in time I think they could have came up with better selections. THE GOOD SON is included but not something like VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED or THE BAD SEED? If anyone knows anything about creepy kids then the Italian film BURIAL GROUND: NIGHT OF TERROR certainly contains the creepiest.
The Future of Fear (2011)
Horror fans will want to check out this documentary that takes a look at where the horror genre was in the past and what they're doing with it currently. The topics include slashers, monsters, comedy, techniques, vampires, zombies and other popular things that the genre has tackled. A wide range of people are interviewed including people like John Carpenter, Wes Craven, George Romero, John Landis, Joe Dante, Tony Todd, Tom Savini, Danielle Harris, Anne Rice, Adrienne King, Sean Cunningham, Oren Peli and many, many others. If you've ever seen a horror film in your life then it's doubtful you're going to learn anything here because every topic and discussion has been covered in countless other documentaries. We learn that Bela Lugosi was Dracula. We learn that Karloff was great in FRANKENSTEIN. We learn that PSYCHO was an important film. We also learn that Friday THE 13TH had gore. Every subject is pretty much stuff an average horror fan is going to be familiar with but I still found the movie entertaining simply because I love the genre and enjoy seeing others talk about it. The title is somewhat misleading because the majority of the running time deals with the films of the past. Everyone speculates about what the future holds for the genre but it's clear that, like in the past, it's going to go in a wide range of directions and whatever makes money is where the producers will go.
The Splat Pack (2011)
Good documentary taking a look at the filmmakers who brought the gore and graphic violence back into the horror genre. The likes of Rob Zombie, Alexandre Aja, Darren Lynn Bousman, Adam Green, Eli Roth, Neil Marshall, Greg Mclean and gore master Gregory Nicotero is explored with all of these men (except Zombie) on hand to discuss their films. The documentary starts off talking about how the genre was pretty much dead until SCREAM came along but then we get into the backlash of it when more and more PG-13 horror movies started to get released. This is when we get into pictures like HOSTEL, SAW, THE DEVIL'S REJECTS, THE DESCENT and various others where violence and gore was a big part. Overall this is a pretty good look at the highs and lows of the genre including the various controversies that would come from films like this. I've always been hit and miss on this genre but I think the documentary does a pretty good job at looking back at these films, although it's pretty strange to hear some of the people talk about how sequels ruin movies and yet the majority of the "big" pictures got at least one sequel in this era. The interviews are certainly fun to listen to and fans should enjoy them.
Linnea Quigley's Horror Workout (1990)
Whereas BILLY THE KID VS. Dracula was one of the drive-in eras biggest cult favorites, this thing here has to be one of the crowning achievements of the VHS era. I'm sure anyone who grew up in the 80s remember the days when you'd walk into your local shop and never know what new, weird title you'd find on the shelf. We all know that Linnea Quigley was one of the biggest stars of the VHS days and this here has to be her most outrageous film. Part documentary, part workout video and part slasher, this film offers up quite a bit in its 61-minute running time but without a doubt the main reason it was made is so that her fans could see her naked (again). Basically we start off with Quigley talking to the camera and then going through some of her movie clips. From here she shows us her workout, which leads her to going for a job when she's attacked by zombies. She's worried about the "shape" that the zombies are in so she leads them on an exercise. Later, after another workout, Quigley and her girlfriends are stalked by a psycho. Anyone who would actually take this film serious are certainly watching the wrong movie. I think as long as you come into this thing with an open mind then you should be able to have some fun with it. Quigley is certainly attractive enough to where it's easy to just look at her beautiful body but she's also quite charming here and manages to be very funny as well (especially during a "stretch your muscle" joke). The zombie scene is funny in its own way and the slasher segment also does a nice job at spoofing the type of horror films that were being released during this period. At just 61-minutes I will admit that the workout stuff gets a little dragged out a bit but there's still no question that fans of Quigley will enjoy watching this.
Movie: :star::star::half:
Format: Youtube
Boogeymen II: Masters of Horror (2002)
Bruce Campbell hosts this documentary that takes a look at the films of some of the biggest horror filmmakers in the world. John Carpenter, Guillermo del Toro, Wes Craven, George Romero, Tobe Hooper, Rick Baker, Stuart Gordon, Robert Englund, Dario Argento and John Landis are just a few of the people interviewed about what influenced their movies. The horror genre has given us so many different documentaries with the greats of it that it's hard to find one that offers up something you haven't already seen. BOOGEYMEN II is a pretty good film but at the same time it really doesn't offer too much that a die-hard fan isn't already going to know or have seen somewhere else. What we basically have is each filmmaker talking about one or two of his movies and then we hear what influenced them. I'm sure most people have heard Craven talk about A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET but the highlight here is when he discusses THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW and the various issues that happened with that movie. Landis and Baker talk about their working relationship and how it led to AN American WEREWOLF IN London. Argento talks about his dark dreams and discovering the work of Poe as a child. Overall these stories are good but I think the real highlight here is when the artists talk about the other's work. This is especially true when Carpenter talks about his love of Argento's work. I thought the film would have been much better had it followed this instead of giving us the same old stories but if you're new to the genre and don't know about these men, then this here will certainly be of good use.
Format: Youtube

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Those with HDNet Movies might also be interested in JACK AND DIANE, which is playing tomorrow night. It's some sort of werewolf movie but reviews have been pretty split. I might make this one the last of the challenge.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Two movies watched on the 30th
First time viewings.
Two 3D moves but watched in 2D. Also both Vincent Price movies.
The Mad Magician (1954) A master magician murders his employer, who owns every trick he can invent, and finds himself having to kill again.
Not my favorite Vincent Price movie, but I do like Price in his different disguises. I'm curious to see this in 3D and hopefully Twilight Time will release this.
Watched this on Antenna TV.
House of Wax (1953) Equally as good as Mystery of the Wax Museum. The wax museum was creepy late at night.
There were some light comedic moments with the fainting female.
And Price played a great role. When we get this in 3D later on in 2013, I'm curious to see he the paddle balls and can-can girls kicks show in 3D.
Watched on TCMHD

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
With the theatrical re-releases doing so well, I'm hopeful HOUSE OF WAX gets a shot since it'll be 60 years in 2013 This is one I've yet to see in 3-D, although I'm not sure enough people would be interested for the extra price in tickets.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
October 30
TV 29-The Munsters "Follow that Munster!" (commented on above)
70. Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie. "This Island Earth" A worthy upgrade from the first edition DVD, but a Bluray would be waaay better, with extras, extended edition of the film and trailer (da...) that ALL US FANS want and will pay for. Anyway, the film looks fine, the 5.1 sound is real good. It's too short, but what's here is mostly a real joy to watch. The "host segments" are hilarious, they truly rose to the occasion on these bits, and the movie riffing portions are usually right on the mark with only a few I don't laugh at. It's been so long since I've seen this I finally get the "Leola Helmsley" joke. :D (had very little idea who she was...) I also have a much larger TV than before and can finally get a good (although modest) theater watching experience instead of boob tube (or PC screen). I have a really good time. Should they have chose a different movie to riff? I felt this was fine. With subsequent films I would have hope they would choose something utterly horrible similar to Manos since This Island Earth is entirely watchable without them. But instead of that we got the Sci-Fi Channel years and that's a great great thing!
Cried for my mama (scare score): 2/10
Enjoyment of the movie: 10/10
How good I think the thing actually is: 8/10
* 71. Santa Sangre. I own the collection with El Topo, etc. Strange, surrealistic, visually fantastic.... I discovered this directors work being a huge fan of Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon/Mansion of Madness (and later Alucarda) from another Spanish director and doing some googling/amazon searching works from this director came up too. Extremely addicting material that had me seeking out all I could find like it. Blind bought his stuff and found it oddly appealing. For Santa Sangre, I unfortunately got tired and had to labor through it for the most part. I ended up with a thought that I didn't get enough out of it. Bummer. also didn't have time to watch a planned 3rd film. That's the breaks...
Cried for my mama (scare score): 6/10
Enjoyment of the movie: 6/10
How good I think the thing actually is: 8/10

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
33. Mystics in Bali (FTV)
Okay, where do I start with this one? First of all, how many Indonesian horror movies (from 1981, no less) have you seen? Still with me? In this film, a female anthropologist goes to Bali trying to learn about local magic, specifically a witch-like being called a Le-ack who can transform into any animal at will. She and and a local man encounter the constantly (ridiculously) cackling witch who agrees to take on the woman as a sort of witch intern. Soon enough, they're bringing the witch blood in milk bottles for her to drink with her 10-foot long tounge, and the two are transforming into pigs and snakes (after a night as a snake, the woman vomits up some live mice. Nice touch.) However, the most outrageous visual in this film is when the witch magically removes the girl's head, vital organs dangling beneath it, and it flies through the town on a bloody rampage, sucking a live fetus out of a pregnant woman, and then returning to its host body. I am not kidding here. Yes, the acting is bad and the special effects are strictly basement-grade, but the visuals are so over-the-top, you won't believe your eyes. One of the weirdest movies you'll ever see.
Bob's October 2012 Horror Movie List
FTV denotes first time viewing
1. The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945) (FTV)
2. Santa Sangre (FTV)
3. Seance On A Wet Afternoon (FTV)
4. Martyrs (FTV)
5. I Saw the Devil (FTV)
6. The Loved Ones (FTV)
7. Seconds Apart (FTV)
8. And Now the Screaming Starts! (FTV)
9. Blind Beast (FTV)
10. The Curse of Frankenstein (FTV)
11. Black Sheep (FTV)
12. Cry of the Banshee (FTV)
13. A Bucket of Blood (FTV)
14. The Haunted Palace (FTV)
15. The Silent House (La Casa Muda) (FTV)
16. Lemora, A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (FTV)
17. Long Weekend (1978) (FTV)
18. Witchcraft (1964) (FTV)
19. The Innkeepers (FTV)
20. Frankenweenie (FTV)
21. Cabin in the Woods
22. Pieces (FTV)
23. I Drink Your Blood (FTV)
24. Ghost Ship (FTV)
25. Just Before Dawn (FTV)
26. The Bad Seed
27. The Theater Bizarre (FTV)
28. The Strangers (FTV)
29. Blood and Roses (FTV)
30. The Haunting of Julia (aka Full Circle) (FTV)
31. Horrors of the Black Museum (FTV)
32. Tower of London (1962) (FTV)
33. Mystics in Bali (FTV)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
October 30:
Films:
The Omen (1976)
In my opinion, this is still the best film of the entire collection.
Television episodes:
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)
I can't believe it took me almost the entire month to watch this classic with my children.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
114) 10/29/2012 Black Sabbath [Americanized Version] (1963) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

Good Mario Bava trilogy of terror stories: a ghost wants her stolen ring back; a dead man terrorizes his former lover; and a vampire-like creature stalks his family. The American version is available on a budget release of 12 horror films so the print is not very good - Bava's careful color compositions are ruined as the colors bleed over and skin tones don't look right. But it's nice to hear Karloff's voice in the final tale.

115) 10/29/2012 House of Mystery (1961) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ1/2

Talky but pretty good ghost story about couple that learns the history of a house they are considering purchasing. Low budget but the story is interesting enough to keep one's interest.

116) 10/29/2012 The Man in the Back Seat (1961) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

Nicely done, tension-filled thriller about small-time crooks who get more than they bargained for when they mug a bookie. A couple of solid "jump" moments and a fast pace combine to make this worthwhile.

117) 10/29/2012 The Mutilator (1985) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

Three couples taking a fall break at seaside condo don't realize there's a demented killer in the garage. Rather blah slasher outing is made watchable thanks to a likable cast and some pretty gory murder set pieces.

118) 10/30/2012 Ghosts of Hanley House (1968) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

People spend night in a haunted house. Nothing really new here and the obvious low budget doesn't help. Tedious, overlong, and off-putting. The Alpha DVD release adds "special" visual and sound effects to no avail.

119) 10/30/2012 Big Top Scooby-Doo! (2012) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

Very entertaining and funny Scooby-Doo movie about werewolves terrorizing a circus. The Blu Ray looks beautiful and the kids really loved it. Craig Ferguson does one of the voices.

120) 10/30/2012 Ginger Snaps (2000) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

Two outcast sisters find their dynamic changing when the older on is bitten by a werewolf, which coincides with her entry into womanhood. Mature, intelligent werewolf story doesn't shy away from the gore but offers great performances and sympathetic characters.

121) 10/30/2012 Dog Soldiers (2002) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

Military types don't realize until it's too late that what's hunting them isn't human. Action-packed werewolf thriller has breakneck pace, well-staged action set-pieces, macho bs dialogue, and some surprises. Very entertaining.

122) 10/30/2012 The Pack (1977) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoQ2OVKdfIyFVKxt3k65iJmIHQGzjO7RxvT-6dS7nWxr81bYo6AQ

On an island resort community summer vacationers make a habit of picking up a dog from the pound for season and then abandoning the pet when they return home. Now these pooches have unionized are striking out against the residents. Very well done 1970s "nature attacks" thriller features good lead turn by Joe Don Baker, nicely staged attack sequences, and bravura finale.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
30. Final Exam
Lesser known but fun slasher movie about a guy killing people at a college. It's very paint by numbers but to me, there's something charming about the movie. If you're a fan of the slasher subgenre, I recommend checking it out.
Michael Elliott said:
Halloween (1978)
...what a f'ing amazing and haunting way for a picture to end. I still remember when I first watched this and didn't know there were any sequels. Just knowing that he was still out there was just downright creepy and perfectly ended the picture.
Yeah, it was. I'm sure I mention it all the time when talking about Halloween but I love that there's no motive for what The Shape does either. He kills people because he's a dangerous maniac and the sister-killing motive isn't invented until the sequel.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^
...and he could be waiting at the end of your hallway as you were walking to your bedroom to go to sleep after watching the damn thing.
:jawdrop:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Radioman970 /t/323882/official-13th-annual-htf-october-scary-movie-challenge-2012/660#post_3995810
^^
...and he could be waiting at the end of your hallway as you were walking to your bedroom to go to sleep after watching the damn thing.

DUDE!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
30. Final Exam
Lesser known but fun slasher movie about a guy killing people at a college. It's very paint by numbers but to me, there's something charming about the movie. If you're a fan of the slasher subgenre, I recommend checking it out.
Yeah, that is one good Slasher Travis. I really liked the actors, and the HD transfer on dvd leaves me to wonder why this wasn't released on Blu-Ray.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Bryan^H said:
Yeah, that is one good Slasher Travis. I really liked the actors, and the HD transfer on dvd leaves me to wonder why this wasn't released on Blu-Ray.
When I was watching it again I was surprised that it looked better than the Friday The 13th movies made around the same years (and while F13 doesn't get huge love from Paramount, it doesn't look that bad either).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
***The Mighty Peking Man
A King Kong Hong Kong knock off from 1977. A jungle girl is friends with the giant ape, but when they relocate to the city as an attraction things go terribly wrong. A little too tragic to enjoy, but very campy, and a bit fun.
I would have absolutely loved this film If I were a kid again.
Grade-C+
***Terror Beneath The Sea
Oh yeah----I love this film. Part James Bond crazy bad guy scheme, part Japanese horror movie, Great attractive cast.
Underwater base has mad scientest that loves turning humans into fish people. BUT Sonny Chiba, and a gorgeous actress named Peggy Neal stumble upon his mad plan scuba diving. Madness ensues. I love this Japanese movie, and Peggy Neal is a new old actor I was surprised to discover. She is a knockout. Looks like a blonde Kathleen Hannah from Bikini Kill.
Grade-A
Sonny Chiba, and Peggy Neal search the underwater caverns of the terrible fish men.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Right, I'm late posting. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath. I AM SORRY!

Had a family non-emergency on Monday so got no movies watched. That turned into a day off yesterday, so I was able to make up some time!

[SIZE= 15px]079 10-30 [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]The Nightmare Before Christmas [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px](1993) Everyone loves this movie so there’s nothing to say. 3.5/5[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 15px]080 10-30[/SIZE][SIZE= 15px] Frankenweenie [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px](1984) This short is so good I see no reason to see the remake. The cast is unbeatable. 4/5[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 15px]081 10-30 [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]Vincent[/SIZE][SIZE= 15px] (1982) A lovely tribute to Vincent Price, done with great style. 4/5[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 15px]082 10-30 [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]The Creature From The Black Lagoon[/SIZE][SIZE= 15px] Another classic that many have written about so I’ll keep it brief. It’s great. 4/5[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 15px]083 10-30 [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]Universal Horror [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]An incredibly in depth documentary even though it skips over a bunch of films, mostly sequels, and doesn’t acknowledge the Gillman. Still a fun watch that I never tire of seeing. 4/5[/SIZE]

I'll be lucky to get in one film tonight since I have to hand out candy. I'm hoping the snow keeps the kids ways. So I can watch movies and EAT ALL THE CANDY!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks