What's new

Odd Couple Season 2: When? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Has there been any news as to when Season 2 of the Odd Couple will be released? As great as the Time-Life Season 1 set was, I'm wondering why they didn't give buyers the same opportunity of buying the complete series all at once, like they're doing with the Get Smart series.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, when? I've got my money waiting!

How did Season One do overall? I thought it was very successful.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
This is really killing me. I want this entire show badly, all 5 seasons. When I go to Best Buy and see practically every other series, old and new, on the shelves I just don't understand this. THE ODD COUPLE is one of the most enjoyable sitcoms of the '70s and it comes from a classic Neil Simon comedy, for cryin' out loud! We should be seeing these seasons released quickly, and direct from Paramount to the stores!

Just so the folks at Paramount are aware -- I work with a guy who's also a big fan of the show. I told him Season 1 was only available through Time Life, and he told me that he'd go ahead and order it for himself. Well, a few weeks later when I asked if he had bought it, he said "nah, my girlfriend ordered the entire 114 episodes for me for Christmas"! When I "explained" what she was actually buying, he was indifferent. He said "I don't care, as long as I have them all".

Food for thought to all the major studios that sometimes he who hesitates is lost.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday I spotted Volume 2 of THE FLYING NUN on the shelves. I'm not saying it's not a fun show, but more popular to merit release than THE ODD COUPLE? Come on!

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Joe, I'm assuming they're taking their time with season 2 because they want to pack it with alot of good extras, like they did with season 1. Since it is a Time-Life exclusive, however, I'm still baffled why they didn't release the entire series all at once like they did with Get Smart.

if200

Agent
Real Name
Diane
Good News. Paramount is releasing Season One in April. This is a good sign that they will release the rest of the seasons.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Paramount's sales will certainly be cut by Time-Life's sale of Season 1. Maybe enough to make any further season releases moot. I certainly hope their expectations are tempered by the fact that season 1 has been released already by Time-Life. Are we also to assume that Time-Life will not be releasing any further seasons? If all of this is true then this may not be such good news.

neuroticomic

Agent
Real Name
tommy
I mailed TimeLife and they said that they only own the rights to the first season of the Odd Couple.
Not sure how this affects the rest of the series.
Unless its Paramounts baby from here on out.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

That's strange. I was under the impression that TimeLife had the rights for the complete series for 1 yr, then it would hit the stores. I guess I got that impression because that's the deal they have with Get Smart.

neuroticomic

Agent
Real Name
tommy
Carlos, I am hoping your right, and that the person who answred me was misinformed.

I NEED those other 4 Odd Couple seasons.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Most of these bootleg sets are horrible. They aren't transferred from SP tape masters most of the time, usually from a generation or two down. And then to top it off, these pirates are so cheap they try to cram as many episodes as they can on a disc, using LP, SLP and even worse. The compression makes it unwatchable. Let's see if your friend cares after he tries to watch this crap. Another thing, the show has only been available in pre-cut syndicated form since the early 80s so no one has them running any longer than 22 minutes.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

I agree with you. Still, the best things the companies can do to avoid this is to put the material out themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks