What's new

NYPD Blue 5/20/03 (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Ken, you're right. I think in Tuesday's episode ,the lieutenant had arrived at a crime scene where the store clerk had been shot and Andy and John were already there starting their investigation and in the background scene you could see the lieutenant, unfortunately having to explain to the captain(who was decked out in full uniform)about a glitch in the investigation. I never really noticed this before till you mentioned it Ken , then it came back to me because the captain definitely looked dignified in his uniform.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, I wasn't 100% sure who he was. So the chief of detectives that was shown in the scene, is he a member of precinct 15 or chief over all precincts? Maybe I've never noticed the captain of precinct 15.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing that bothered me about the double-shooting was when Rita shot through the glass the bullet would never go straight. The glass would cause it to change direction. She would almost definitely have missed on the first try until the glass was broken and she could get a clear shot. Still, a great episode.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Maybe she got lucky: aimed for center of mass and shot him in the head. I don't recall if they showed the hit.

I'm pretty sure they showed the captain back when Laughlin and Clark boxed. There was the rumor that it was personal, but the two went to the captain and lied so they could fight.

I would imagine the Chief of D's is from HQ, in charge of all detectives. Otherwise, he needs a more accurate job title.

//Ken

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
I don't think it would change the trajectory enough so as she would miss completely , not if the distance from the window to the guy was only a few feet.

Still, she probably should have popped off a couple of rounds, just to be sure.

Can't wait till next season!

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
That's kinda what I thought too Doug, since the slug didn't have but about 10' to travel past the glass, the trajectory of the slug couldn't change that much could it? Any ballistics experts here to add some input?

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Hey, it's Hollywood, not the real world. It made for a dramatic effect.

If you want to talk realism, she probably would not have had time to identify the first gun shot, stand, pull her gun, aim and fire before he could walk over to Tony and shoot him. It takes a normal person 1 second to recognize something, and begin to react to it. The startle effect from a gunshot going off would be great. The Secret Services spends a lot of time training this out of their agents on protective detail.

But, as I said before, it made a great ending to the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks