What's new

Northern Exposure Seasons 3>? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No news on music replacement (my review copy isn't here yet), but from the listing on Amazon, it looks like there will be a good selection of bonus material for this season, along the lines of what we've seen already and then some.

I'm sure the set won't be completely intact, but I hope Universal at least notifies consumers on the packaging, and did their best to keep the most important pieces.

I can't wait to spin this season, there are some prime episodes.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Gonna burn a trail to Target on Tuesday to pick this set up. What a funny bunch of folks....reminds me somewhat of some of my family members.:)

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

I didn't even realize season 3 was being released until I saw it in this week's newspaper ads [Circuit City and Best Buy]. And just in time for Father's Day...!

I'm happy to see the series continue on DVD, but I can't think of any other situation where I was looking forward to a DVD release and ended up being as disappointed as I was elated. I mean, on one hand, I'm thankful that we have these DVDs at all. But on the other hand, it seems like Universal really missed an opportunity to spotlight this show with---at the VERY least---a featurette.

Don't get me wrong---it's great to have the outtakes and deleted scenes. But I think several of the actors in this series literally gave the performances of their respective careers, and most of them don't hesitate to speak highly of the show and how much they enjoyed it. I think a decent documentary feature---including retrospective interviews with the cast and producers---would have been quite appropriate. I can't imagine many of them would have refused to participate, and some might have agreed to do a few commentary tracks. [Even Rob Morrow, who left the show, has a NE section on his website.] A little memorial featurette on Peg "Ruth-Anne" Phillips wouldn't be out of place, either.

I guess I can always hope that some of these features might show up on the season 4 DVD set...?

regards,
mattl

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
It's been a while since this was released - any news about music changes?

Mike

Roger_R

Second Unit
All the lyrics for the replaced music are still in the subs, so you can pick out several songs by just turning on the subtitles. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks