What's new

"Nobody is following you." (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody else notice this in one's profile. I'm so glad nobody is following me, I'm kind of paranoid that way.. :)

Jay

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I see "You currently don't have any other users subscribed to your activity feed"

"subscribed" Much less paranoia inducing than "followed" :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Subscribed was changed to follow when it comes to people (and soon brands). It makes more sense as most people assume you can just subscribe to threads, not brands, products or people. The functionality has been here for a long time, but adding the modules to your profile to see who you are following and who is following you was done in February

An example of how I use the feature is I subscribe (AKA follow) Robert Harris since I like reading his threads. Whenever he starts a new thread I am automatically subscribed to it and it shows up like any other subscribed thread in my activity feed. So under Public Messages he would see a heading that says Members Following You and he would see my name and avatar. To subscribe/follow someone you can hover over them name in the forum and select follow member from the pop-up menu, or do it from their profile page. Under Personal Messages in your profile page you will see everyone you are subscribed/following and everyone who is subscribed/following you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks