What's new

no more image on my epson EH-TW9000 prjector (1 Viewer)

yakitori

Auditioning
Real Name
patrick
my son told me the projector stopped working. I bought it second hand a year ago. The lens is said to have 600 hours.
the lamp looks good. There is light coming out of the lens but cannot be seen on a screen. By putting a sheet of paper in front of the lens I can see a still image. That image is the same whatever the source I choose to display. I have realised I have never cleaned up the filter. In the user guide they say that it can shorten the optical engine's service life. Does it make sense that is what has happened? My son might have left the projector on for a long time thus making it overheat. Can it be repaired?
projo2_compress35.jpg projo3_compress34.jpg projo4_compress23.jpg

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
it looks like your HDMI is not working or passing the signal. You only get a blank screen / without menus when there is no signal getting to the PJ.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This projector has 2x HDMI and 1x composite inputs, plus VGA. If you have appropriate sources for testing such as a DVD, Blu Ray player, PC, etc. I'd try sending data to the projector via each input. Also try displaying the menu. If neither yields the proper image then it's safe to assume there's a problem with the input board or other internals. Sadly, repairing this projector is likely not feasible cost wise, something I'm sure you already know.

Last edited:

yakitori

Auditioning
Real Name
patrick
I bought the same projector second hand at a reasonable price. I can now enjoy great image again and will keep the broken one for lamp and spare parts

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks