What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Nintendo Classic Mini announced (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Looks like the NES Classic Edition has led AtGames to really up their game with their 2017 lineup of classic gaming plug and plays that have long stagnated without significant innovation from year to year.

http://armchairarcade.com/perspecti...-flashback-8-gold-activision-edition-console/

http://armchairarcade.com/perspecti...-sega-genesis-classic-gaming-hardware-lineup/

Hopefully Nintendo has some SuperNes Classic Edition news to share next month. The middle of July is when they announced the release of the NES Classic Edition last year, and makes more sense than saying anything next Tuesday about it.

E3 needs to be all about the Switch and to a lesser extent the 3DS, rather than sidelines like this.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Chances are that Nintendo will repeat last year's E3 where they focus on like 3 games and make a series of small announcements throughout the show. Their video presentation is only like 30 minutes long.

The SNES Classic would most likely be announced later. It's more of a casual, mainstream or collector's item that is sort of separate from their core gaming business, so I agree that they'd probably choose to not bring it up right now.

But it would still be nice to get some Virtual Console news this week.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I would love for them to do a direct and announce a NES/SNES virtual console. That would go a long way to make up for the NES Classic cluster-f and the millions of gamers who couldn't score one.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I started to get one of those and realized a Raspberry Pi 3 with "RetroPi" is a better setup. That allows the entire NES, SNES, Atari 2600, Playstation 1, Atari 5200, Gameboy, Intellivision, MAME (arcade emulation), Gamecube, libraries and lots more. Just google "retropi" for setup instructions and links to what you need. I've used this a few times at a friend's house. It works very well. I need to break down and get one setup for myself!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I started to get one of those and realized a Raspberry Pi 3 with "RetroPi" is a better setup. That allows the entire NES, SNES, Atari 2600, Playstation 1, Atari 5200, Gameboy, Intellivision, MAME (arcade emulation), Gamecube, libraries and lots more. Just google "retropi" for setup instructions and links to what you need. I've used this a few times at a friend's house. It works very well. I need to break down and get one setup for myself![/QUOTE

This is what I have, and with a cheap buffalo USB pad that emulates a SNES pad, I'm all set for nearly all my retro needs. I find the consoles from N64 up are a flaky, but I can live without them.

That said, if some of these come to the switch with some add-on features like trophys or something, I'd be tempted to get a switch.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Switch itself doesn't have achievements, so I doubt any retro releases would add them. Most likely, you'll get pretty vanilla versions with maybe save states. I'd love to see GameGenie-style cheats built-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.