What's new

NiGhT oF ThE CoMeT (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
1 of the few 80s movies ive never seen. If i get this as a blind buy, should i expect something like a cross between day after tommorrow/dawn of the dead, or something like that ?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Nah it's not really anything like those movies. Have you ever seen the classic film Day of the Triffids? It is more along those lines.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Treat this as a rumour for now, someone on amazons dvd page for night of the comet is reporting that he knows from reliable sources that the dvd is fullscreen !!!I really hate to say this , but since ive never seen this film and the vhs is not available here in my country, ill have to buy it even if it is fullscreen.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott

I wouldn't worry, the specs say widescreen on Amazon...and from reading that post you mentioned it sounds like that's just sour grapes from the group that wanted to buy the rights and missed out. I know there was a faction including former cast members that wanted to do extras and commentary and wasn't allowed to. If you check the IMDB you'll see posts about it all.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
It appears some copies of the official dvd have started to pop up on e bay, every single seller shows this as being fullscreen.It even shows the new cover, so you know its not bootlegs. I dont think its a coincidence every seller shows its fullscreen, let the complaining officially begin !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. There are 5 listings up there and it does say Full-screen, but Ebay's "Item Specifics" are often wrong and I don't think any of those vendors actually has a copy yet. They all say "pre-order" and the cover shot is a "stock photo" that anyone would get if they plug in the UPC code and try to sell it on Ebay.

Given that they've shown a 16:9 version on HDNet movies or one of those outlets, I'll be very disappointed if the DVD is full-screen. I wouldn't expect it either.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Four of the 5 listings are the same seller and he's the only one to list as fullscreen...the other seller doesn't mention it at all. So very easily could be wrong. Besides the guy also has it listed for four different prices...not a good source of accurate info.

Also, just checked Walmart, Best Buy & Circuit City online and they all list as Widescreen as well.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
I'll tell you this -- if this turns out to be full-screen then the whole supposed reason MGM signed up with Fox to take care of their catalog titles is nothing but a load of you-know-what.

Colton

Supporting Actor
It would be very strange for this to be full screen when they are showing Night of the Comet on HDNet (OAR & 1080).

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
It's just odd that there are so many different listings for FS and WS, hard to know which is right. I won't buy this if it's fullscreen so hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks