What's new

NextGen subscribers ... looks like we're getting PSM (1 Viewer)

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
Link Removed
As many of you know by now, Imagine Media closed down NextGen magazine in early December. Up until this point, we had no word from Imagine as to what replacement magazine we were going to get.
Well, it looks like they've decided on a replacement ... PSM. I've never really looked at PSM too closely. Any experiences with this magazine? I'm tempted to cancel my subscription and demand a refund, although there are no real alternatives to NextGen in the U.S. :angry:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
PSM is OK. I have a subscription and the only real gripe with the mag is the annoyingly low-res screenshots they get. It makes all the good looking games look like crap. There is one reviewer who keeps committing a reviewing "no-no" (uses the words "I" and "in this reviewers opinion") but the reviews are relatively good and not too complex or simple.

OK mag, might want to look at an issue before letting them send it to you.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Uck. I was thinking that they'd send Wired on the Xbox mag. Either way, I was going to request a refund. PSM is your generic PS1 & 2 magazine. It is nowhere near the level of quality of Next-Gen.

-Dave

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I feel sorry for you guys. I've had a PSM sub for a few months now as part of some promo and it is not good at all. The most recent issue arrived in the mail this afternoon and what struck me as being the most offensive was the horrible way in which it is written. Spelling and grammatical errors run rampant - and I don't think I'm all that picky of a reader. But the errors left in the mag are so distracting that I have a hard time finishing a review or article.

Pieter

Camp

Senior HTF Member
PSM?!? What the hell? We loose a great objective console-independent magazine and get a Sony advertisment as a replacement?!?

Can you "return to sender" a magazine?

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Christ, all Imagine has left to replace NG subscriptions is PSM, the Xbox mag and PC Gamer. It was going to be platform specific no matter where they turned. Considering there are so many Playstation/PS2s out there, PSM is a logical choice. There were going to be a bunch of unhappy people no matter what they did. And I guess nobody wanted to buy the subscription list.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Hey guys, how do you unsubscribe from Imagine Media?

There's no way in hell I'm going from top of the line NextGen to that adolescent fan-boy rag PSM.

They can shove it.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Well...sometimes I should just look for myself before posting and asking for someone else's help.
I just unsubscribed. And, it took less then 10 minutes from my previous post! :laugh:
When the customer service agent asked why I didn't want PSM, I told her what I posted above. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks