What's new

News on Frank Sinatra DVD Audio (1 Viewer)

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
Just found this from davisdvd.com

HIGH RESOLUTION SINATRA

Proving that quality still means something in today's music scene, Reprise Records has announced that it will reissue a number of classic Frank Sinatra albums onto DVD-Audio. First up is the 1966 live album Sinatra at the Sands: With Count Basie & The Orchestra, due on August 12th. Following some weeks later on September 23rd will be Sinatra-Jobim (expanded edition) and September Of My Years. All DVD-A releases will feature newly remixed 5.1 surround tracks plus bonus content. Even better is the Deluxe Rat Pack Set to be released on October 7th. This package will include a DVD-A version of At Villa Venice, Chicago, Live 1962 (with previously unreleased tracks) and an exclusive DVD-Video of the famous 1965 Dismas House Benefit Concert in St Louis.

Anyone heard this before? John?

Anyway; it's looking good!

Jesper

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I heard about the Sands disc but did not realize Warner was going all out with the Sinatra. I will be picking up quite a few of these releases.

It looks like Warner was telling the truth when they said the second half of the year would be big for DVD-A releases.

:emoji_thumbsup:

J

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Warner had a nice push near the end of 2002 as well. I hope this is the start of a large number of quality titles being released, rather than a "flash flood" ;)

I have to give WB credit, by and large they are releasing extremely high quality product, and making improvements to their packaging and authoring along the way.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks