What's new

Newbie to HT - Advice on callibration (1 Viewer)

Ed_Palubicki

Auditioning
Last month I bought a Toshiba 57H82 and a Panasonic SC-HT800V.

Everthing is hooked up and DVD's look great with the Component video connection. I have yet to get cable so I can't testify to the HD picture but I am sure that will be great too.

The TV has about 120 hours on it and I have done the 9-point convergance. Well now and my question is this.....

Should I have it calibrated professionally?

And, what tips can you give a guy on justifying the cash to the wife.....hahahaaa!:D

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Justification ...

You can pay the $400 to $550 out right for a professional calibration or spend many months learning and teaching yourself how to do it. This is time away from her ... and possibly other projects in the house that need addressing. :) (If your time is worth more than the cost outlay ... best to spend that time making mo money elsewhere)

TV's come from the factory operating at 60 to 80% of their full potential. You will never realize its full potential unless the unit is calibrated. Like buying a porsche and driving at no more than 60 mph.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks