What's new

New RPTV FINALLY HERE!! (1 Viewer)

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Hello forum faithful:
I just wanted to provide a quick post to let you all know that we finally received our new Toshiba 57HDX82 this past week, and the opinions gathered here played a large role in our final decision.
My wife and I just love this TV. Going from a 29 inch Panasonic to this monster is unbelievable.
Even with my modest Sony DVD player(DVP-S360)connected through a Radio Shack component cable, the picture is better than I could have imagined. It got better when I tuned it up with the S&V tuneup DVD too!
Thank you for everyone who provided their input over the past six months while I shopped around, I really appreciate it.

Regards

Roy

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
I think we did.
The sales dude owed us a favor for having a problem with our range/fridge/DW purchase a year ago, so we hit him up for a deal on a TV.
We got it delivered for $3999CAN GST incl. from The Bay, which was $400 less than A&B, and $1000(!) below MSRP according to Toshibas website.
I may have been able to deal more at A&B, but we got a ton of HBC rewards points this way, and I feel comfortable that The Bay would take care of us, should we have a problem with the unit.
All in all, I am very satisfied with the whole deal.

Roy

Paul Clancy

Auditioning
Just to let you know what a small world it is I paid the same for the same TV (future shop), use the same dvd player AND component cables from RS. I also feel no need to upgrade my dvd player to progressive (untill hd dvd)since the tosh upscaler does such a great job.

Enjoy your set!
Cheers,
Paul

Modena

Stunt Coordinator
Roy,

Do me a favor. Go buy a progressive scan DVD player and watch the Fifth Element in progressive scan. If it doesn't blow you away, take it back for a full refund. If you bought a real nice TV, (you did) you calibrated it for the best picture, take a look at what it would look like running at it's peak potential. To me, there is a huge difference.

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Modena:
I am actually going to have a friend bring his progressive player over to see what it will perform like because he wants to upgrade his TV.
Even if it is a vast improvement, I have more pressing upgrades to dive into before that. My ten year old prologic receiver (and speakers) must be replaced first:D

Roy

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Paul:
I have noticed several members here that are from western Canada, some from Edmonton too.
It is indeed a small world;)

Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks