What's new

New media wall in my family room...ideas welcome (1 Viewer)

kslmd

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I just moved into a new condo. I want to create a media wall that looks really high tech and cool. What you see on this photo is a 70" Vizio LED/LCD . I have a floor standing PSB speaker in each corner and a large center channel speaker that is blocked by the TV. The unit in the niche could serve as a cabinet to house the electronics, which I have yet to purchase. The length of the wall shown is 18' and the room depth is 25'. I'm going to have a sectional couch and I plan on hanging the TV on the wall just to the right of the niche as close to the center of the wall as possible. any ideas or advice is welcome.
aa0d83dd_20130201_215542_LLS.jpeg
Here is a photo I found online that echos the type of design I'd like to achieve.
cb90759e_ML-MD203-WallUnit.jpeg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only thing I hava... Do you have to orient it on that wall? Is there a wall that will allow the TV to sit exactly between the speakers?

kslmd

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
That's the problem. The wall shown in the photo is the only one I can use for the tv and speakers.

Creativesound

Auditioning
Real Name
Creative Sound
I think you can achieve that look quite simply! I would center the TV and then place shelves above it like in the picture you provided. You may only have room for 3 or 4. Then, Instead of the box shelves on the side of the TV, you can up them underneath the TV. From their anything else you want to incorporate you can fit as needed.

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
Are you allowed to remodel the niche at all? I was thinking of maybe you build out a swing out audio rack for components and gear, frame out the right side a bit to extend the wall, so you could hang the TV dead center. Or get an automated screen to drop from the ceiling and use a projector setup instead of the TV. Is there any WAF that you have to worry about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks