What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NEW DVD'S ARE SCRATCHED AND FINGER PRINTED (1 Viewer)

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
tv shows usually have three to four discs in their cases. I've noticed that certain companies have been shipping discs with large and obvious finger prints on them thur lack of care. Quality should not be taking a back seat. We pay good money and sometimes a lot of money, and as consumers we should expect a quality product.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've never gotten DVDs with fingerprints that I've seen, but I'd just clean 'em with Windex and enjoy them...now if they don't play, by all means return them.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Glass Plus is probably better, but Windex is fine. The data is beneath, protected by a covering that is not harmed by most glass cleaners.

Edit - But wipe gently with non-abrasive cloth anyway!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yeah, but with water you don't get the nice "squeak squeak squeak" as much
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
I have returned one yearly episodes of Little House on the Prairie. Two discs were scratched pretty bad. The stores don't like it and think the customer did the damage. Season 3 of the Real McCoys got returned had a total of 4scratched discs out of 5. The replacement ones were fine. Season eight of The Waltons, 2 discs were finger printed by someone with large fingers. First time ever for the Waltons shows. I used a watered down window cleaner and a soft cloth to wipe them down. It still left very fine marks on the bright silver face. Every Happy Days season had at least one marked surface. I own a lot of tv shows on dvd and a very high percentage of them are perfect.

You have to understand that sometimes dvds no matter whats on them are sold on e-bay or to local business who buy and sell them. These businesses...at least in my neighborhood...check each disc carefully. They allow very little wear. And I mean very little. Overall, I believe the companies do a very good job considering the thousands of dvds that are packed and shipped each week. I will close with this. I own all 8 seasons of Three's Company and not ONE disc was marked in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks