What's new

new crt projector - question (1 Viewer)

Brad_H

Agent
Hi.
A friend just purchased a new projector (don't know model). He said that he's heard that you can buy a special brand of paint and paint your wall to use as your screen. Has anyone ever heard of this? Or was he getting fed a line?

Thanks.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
It's called Goo. Go to the AVS forum and look in the screen section. It's rather expensive. I personally am perfectly happy with my wallboard, painted with a light grey eggshell finish.

Unless he is really picky, he will be perfectly happy with a light grey or white matte finish, using just about any paint.

Sean M

Stunt Coordinator
If it's a new CRT projector, do not use grey paint. White only. CRT's don't need help in the apparant contrast area. If he's bought a new digital, then grey is a consideration.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Ditto regarding the white paint. Gray is more for digital projectors that need the boost in black levels. The crt should already be in the neighbourhood of 10,000:1 or so depending on the model.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Behr
Pure Ultra White, Matt Finish

You can get this at Home Depot Less than $10 for half a gallon.

I did my screen with it for a Barco 801s, Image was superb.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks