What's new

New Classics From Fox Cinema Archives (Blu-ray) December 2016 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
K_4AJvBbxQ3kY4UGIzFfV2fDV6Usx_EvYYOu7HHvKo87sh5OlrTcLoQsAW5g2jWPnRbAiSYpMoRfSZHnrNSiHk1qaKrmhIv1IdGAnyVnNscZarVuTOJ2sqhPw2nM7JuAM5tx0PHEBkxv6DJ0qittmoQnhQPVeeP9vFOYbgI=s0-d-e1-ft
i4-GcFAdvsrvhbaUmhJIW0aP4NxKB3H4IMhYuhY_u84HLNgEZuXWljpemc2uZ8uA0WCjZaPLRjkTZipRuDlucH18WZNhY2PQ2oRX6azNQPFJslkpDVocrp2qZay3PO_xsVZxvG71Z6w7PgquH21E5y5t4FFcgD94OO8YIW0=s0-d-e1-ft

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEW CLASSICS FROM FOX CINEMA ARCHIVES
ARRIVE JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

LOS ANGELES, CA (December 1st, 2016) – Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s Cinema Archives vault is bringing back 5 classic titles, available for purchase for the first time ever on Blu-ray this November!

AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 15th

Woman's World (1954)
The chairman of a large automobile maker is left to find a new second-in-command. Believing that an executive’s wife is crucial to her husband’s success, he examines each candidate’s spouse to learn more about the men through their relationships. Clifton Webb, June Allyson, Van Heflin and Lauren Bacall star in this 1954 classic. (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation)

Western Union (1941)
Randolph Scott plays an outlaw who tries to change his ways and decides to work for the growing Western Union company. His brother continues to pursue the life of an outlaw, even going so far as to try and sabotage the telegraph company as they lay down lines between Omaha and Salt Lake City. (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation)

Sitting Pretty (1948)
When a suburban couple (Robert Young and Maureen O'Hara ) can no longer handle their three intractable sons alone, they hire Mr. Belvedere (Clifton Webb), an eccentric genius with vast worldly experience who displays a unique and witty way with the children — but draws nasty rumors from snooping neighbors. (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation)

Sentimental Journey (1946)
Broadway producer Bill and his actress-wife Julie are unable to have children. So Julie adopts Hitty, a young orphan girl. But shortly afterward, Julie dies, leaving the child in the care of a devastated Bill who can't seem to connect with Hitty — without a little ghostly intervention from the departed Julie. (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation)

Coney Island (1943)
Betty Grable plays Kate Farley, a saloon entertainer in turn-of-the-century New York. Convinced that Kate is destined for bigger things, Coney Island manager Eddie Johnson (George Montgomery) tries to turn the raucous song-and-dance girl into a high-class Broadway star. (Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation)

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
Insteresting that the annoncement does not make any mention of these releases being burnt discs. This raises my hopes on them being pressed.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Tbat's an odd press release. it says "available for purchase for the first time ever on Blu-ray this November." These obviously aren't Blu-rays, although Western Union was just released on Blu-ray by Kino.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I checked "Coney Island "and "Sitting Pretty" on Amazon. Both listed as out of stock with a price of $25 so cost more than what Warner Bros. charges for their Achieve films.

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
If anyone sees Sitting Pretty or Woman's World, please relay what you find.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
And this is based on what?

I take it back. Amazon is now taking orders for Blu-rays, although only the Kino release of Western Union is in stock. I can't imagine that Fox is going to release a Blu-ray of Western Union when one has just been released by Kino, but who knows what is in the minds of the people at Fox?

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
If anyone sees Sitting Pretty or Woman's World, please relay what you find.

Woman's World is a pressed disc, an excellent hi-def transfer (on my 8.5' wide screen). Audio is Dolby Digital "stereo" though 2-channel mono. The only feature is a nice selection of high-def production stills, color and b/w, but played over soundtrack selections that to my ears sound like genuine 2-channel stereo. The musical selections used are (in order) the opening flight-over-Manhattan montage, the title song with the Four Aces and the orchestral bit over the Ford credit following the closing title.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Woman's World is a pressed disc, an excellent hi-def transfer (on my 8.5' wide screen). Audio is Dolby Digital "stereo" though 2-channel mono. The only feature is a nice selection of high-def production stills, color and b/w, but played over soundtrack selections that to my ears sound like genuine 2-channel stereo. The musical selections used are (in order) the opening flight-over-Manhattan montage, the title song with the Four Aces and the orchestral bit over the Ford credit following the closing title.

Many thanks. My disc is on the way from Oldies.com. I ordered from them when all the other usual on-line vendors for some reason decided not to list these titles. If this disc is really good, I'll buy the other titles too.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Did Fox release Wopmansworld widescreen or full?
BTW = my copy of Womans world from Cinemax is widescreen and full stereo, as it should be.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Did Fox release Wopmansworld widescreen or full?
BTW = my copy of Womans world from Cinemax is widescreen and full stereo, as it should be.

I don't have my disc yet but someone posted in another thread that this Blu-ray disc presents the film in full widescreen. I would not have ordered the disc without that confirmation.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I couldn't find these on Amazon, so Oldies.com gets the order (Sentimental Journey, Sitting Pretty and Coney Island). Total blind buy. I don't have much confidence in the Fox Archives program, but we shall see.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I couldn't find these on Amazon, so Oldies.com gets the order (Sentimental Journey, Sitting Pretty and Coney Island). Total blind buy. I don't have much confidence in the Fox Archives program, but we shall see.

Strangely, WOMAN'S WORLD on blu-ray it doesn't come up if you type "Woman's World blu-ray" in the search box but it DOES come up as the 2nd format option if you just type "Woman's World." It makes no sense but there you have it. CONEY ISLAND was the same way so perhaps the others are too? :unsure:

https://www.amazon.com/Womans-World-Blu-ray-Van-Heflin/dp/B01N07MQ8M/ref=sr_1_1_twi_blu_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481737628&sr=8-1&keywords=woman's+world

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Sentimental Journey was a great surprise . A little wear and tear occasionally but the it looks gorgeous overall!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks