What's new

New box for a PS-800 (1 Viewer)

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Paradigm PS-800 sub, and am thinking of building a new box for it. My thought on it is this; I don't know what I want for a final sub (sonotube, ported box, or PR) so I thought I could play around with the one I have, maybe do a couple boxes for it. This would let me know what setup I prefer, and also whether I need a ton more bass, or just a lot more! Also these beginning projects would famaliarize me with the various design programs. So, I am wandering a little bit, but what I was really looking for is how to get the specs for my PS-800, so I can get started on my journey to bass nirvanna. Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Well if you want to measure all the specs on the driver you have, go for it. I'm not sure how, but there are people here who can help you.
I'm sure though, that even a driver like this:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=7771&DID=7
will be as good or better than the driver in the PS800.
Spend the $30 to get that driver, play around with a bunch of different allignments and go from there.
You could also just pick up one of these
Link Removed
and build some various allignments and decide from there. The final design choosen will also really be worth keeping if you use this driver.

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about getting another small driver to play around with. But in interest of the WAF, I think the fewer packages being delivered the better for me! When the shiva or tempest does finally arrive, I want to be able to say "this is what it is for" and not "I got this to play around with." Yeah, I know small difference, but it is the small things that keep her happy, and allows me to play with my toys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reconbo
Recent bookmarks