What's new

International NEW BLU RAY HAMMER RELEASES FOR THE UK! (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I have a question for owners of "The Mummy's Shroud"...

Is it just my disc, or are parts of the print a bit "smeary" when in motion. I noticed a few of the actors' faces go a bit blurry or "smeary" in some shots.

MarkHodgson

Auditioning
SHADOW OF THE CAT DVD is a full-frame 1.33 release, not widescreen, I'm sorry to say. Action looks cramped on both sides. I'm thankful it's finally on home video, but gutted that it's far from perfect.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
SHADOW OF THE CAT DVD is a full-frame 1.33 release, not widescreen, I'm sorry to say. Action looks cramped on both sides. I'm thankful it's finally on home video, but gutted that it's far from perfect.
It sounds like they got hold of an old TV transfer. The whole film was on you tube up to a few weeks ago, I'm not surprised it's been taken down now. When I finally caught up with, The Curse Of The Werewolf in 1964 (or maybe '65) it still had The Shadow Of The Cat as a support feature, & that's the one & only time I've seen it.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
My copy of The Mummy's Shroud played OK with no obvious problems. I can't comment further as I have already recycled it. The quality of the blu-ray reduced my enjoyment of the film by bringing out what I thought were not very good set designs and not so good acting. I received it at the same time as The Brides of Dracula which is wonderful.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
classicmovieguy said:
"Twins of Evil" and "Countess Dracula" are both slated for Blu-ray releases in October, from Network.
Still awaiting the missing Blu-ray chapter of the Karnstein trilogy, LUST FOR A VAMPIRE.
But my want list is narrowing, as I have an all-region player and have already accrued most of the UK releases. I still hope for:

Region A and/or B HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959).
A Warner Bros domestic release of CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN that actually looks good (the UK image quality if pretty bad).
KISS OF THE VAMPIRE
CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF
ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN OF THE HIMILAYAS
FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED
THE GORGON
BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY'S TOMB
ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. (UNCUT)
REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN
QUATERMASS II

Most of the other m.i.a.'s I can live without.
So, still a lot of prime Hammer left unreleased anywhere at this point.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
TWINS OF EVIL has been out on Blu-ray for quite a while now.

Edit: Except I guess you're not talking about Region A.

mongosito

Agent
Real Name
Ben
classicmovieguy said:
"Twins of Evil" and "Countess Dracula" are both slated for Blu-ray releases in October, from Network.
Unfortunately the 90 minute documentary on the US Synapse disc won't be included on the Network TOE
Dick said:
Still awaiting the missing Blu-ray chapter of the Karnstein trilogy, LUST FOR A VAMPIRE.
But my want list is narrowing, as I have an all-region player and have already accrued most of the UK releases. I still hope for:

Region A and/or B HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959).

I think there's a lot more titles worthy of Blu release before Lust for a Vampire.

Baskervilles comes out in Australia next month

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/hammer-horror-hound-of-the-baskervilles-1959/dp/6151157

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

mongosito

Agent
Real Name
Ben
Dick said:
I know it is, but with shipping it would cost me $40.00, so I'm hoping TT or Kino will come to the rescue.
$40 shipping ? You're buying from the wrong places.
As long as you don't go for the quick postage option the postage charges are quite reasonable.

I recently ordered 3 Blurays from JB HI FI in Oz to the UK and the cost of all 3 including postage worked out at less than £9 per disc although it was a Buy 2 Get One free promotion . One of the discs was Captain Kronos

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Cover art for the Australian release of "Hound of the Baskervilles", coming July 2nd.

timthumb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks