What's new

Needs Suggestions for Best Way to Hook Up HTiB System (1 Viewer)

Yellowguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I have a few questions regarding the best way to set up my systems. I have a Samsung TV, model number un55fh6003f, with two HDMI ports. I have a Cisco built AT&T wireless DVR receiver, model number isb7005 (using one of the HDMI ports) and a Samsung HT-J550W Blueray/HTiB system (using the other HDMI port). I had to disconnect my Playstation 3 because I did not have enough HDMI ports in my TV.

1. Is my best option for hooking up my PS3 to get an HDMI switcher and put the PS3 and DVR on a single HDMI TV input? If not, what other options do I have other than physically removing the DVR from the HDMI and plugging the PS3 into the TV HDMI?

2. What is the best way to get my TV to play through my surround sound? Everything I play through the Samsung HTiB comes through the surround sound just fine, but when I watch TV through the DVR, it only goes through the TV speakers. I assume I'll need to run an optical cable between my Samsung HTiB and the DVR, correct? My DVR and HTiB also both have red and white audio ports.

3. My DVR, my PS3, and the Samsung HTiB each only have one optical port. Assuming I am correct in 2 above, does this mean that in order to get sound from my PS3 to go through the surround sound that I will have to unplug the optical cable from my DVR and plug it into my PS3 each time I switch between watching TV and playing the PS3 in order to have each produce sound through the surround sound? Is there any other option to avoid having to manually switch the optical cable between the DVR and PS3?

Any other suggestions for the best way to set up the system? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks