What's new

Needs Improvement (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I have been reading here for awhile now. I have been trying to slowly build my HT but doing so to please the wife.

Currently this is the system:
Toshiba 36a43 TV
Samsubg 101 DVD
Dish Network PVR with 5.1 optical out
Pioneer Elite vsx-41
JBL-S38II Mains
JBL-N CenterII
JBL-N26 Surrounds
JBL-N24 Surround Back

I do not have a sub and would like to find the S Center. What would be the quickest and cheapest ways to improve? Any ideas?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Adding a sub would be the first. Truthfully don't go short here. Skip buying one for $100, $200, $300 and buy a SVS/HSU/Rocket or some other sub that gets the job done. Basically $400 and up start looking at a sub. Why spend $200 on a sub and then want to replace it in a year and get maybe $100 in return....no point in wasting time....waste your time saving the money for a decent one right away since you don't have one now you won't miss it if it takes 6 months before you can buy it.

just my opinion.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Thanks. I have thought about a sub. At first I wasn't sure I would need it. Some of the really good DTS soundtracks like the newest James Bond produce a decent bass response but watching movies over the dish...this is where the lows are missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks