What's new

Need Lenticular Screen for Toshiba 62HM84 (1 Viewer)

DRFIXIT

Auditioning
Real Name
Skip
I am new to the Home Theater Forum.

I am hoping someone can help me. I purchased a Tosiba 62HM84 62" DLP four years ago. The hard outer screen, I beleve is called the lenticular screen, has a crack in it. Toshiba no longer makes a replacement screen (part number 23311080). I paid close to $3,500 for the TV and can't believe that parts are no longer available for the TV. I started looking for the part in January when the TV was 3 1/2 years old.

Does anyone know of an after market supplier of lenticular screens. There is a place here in Houston, Texas that makes the repacements but the feed back I got was the replacements make the picture distorted and the colors not as bright.

This is like having a four year old car that no one makes a water pump for. I hate to have to park the TV and get a new one.

Any ideas?

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
That's a pretty common timeframe for parts availability.
Do you have a (relatively) close TV recycling center? They often save screens and sell them cheap. You can substitute a bit and cut one down if necessary. (although you're near the max size available) If you sub, replace the lenses as set. (Fresnel and Lenticular)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks