What's new

Need help with Proscan DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Heather_T

Auditioning
I purchased a used proscan DVD player and was unaware of the parental screening feature. My 7 year old somehow triggered the feature and I now need to supply a 4 digit password, of which I don't know. The person I purchased this from did not give me the password and cannot be reached. We can't even watch movies like Shrek!! LOL
Does anyone know if I am able to bypass this feature and if so, how? I can change the password, but I must first enter in the original password and that doesn't help....lol.
I look forward to receiving any help with this =0)
Heather

Heather_T

Auditioning
Thanks Chauncey~ I would do that but we don't have the manual
frown.gif
The dog of the owner had eaten the manual!
Anything else you can think of would be very helpful.
Heather

Chauncey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chauncey
Heather,
There is probably a back door to reset the password. However, I do not know what it is.
Post your model number here and someone with a manual will probably look it up for you, or give you the customer service number so you can call and find out how to reset the players password.
You can try the following at your own risk. I found them at Link Removed . Select DVD players for the category box and put "instruction book" in the key words box. Thompson manufacturers both RCA and Proscan.
1. Press the Stop button and Play/Pause button on the player at the same time.
Or,
2. Press the Stop button on the remote and the Stop button on the player at the same time. Keep them pressed for at least 3 seconds.
Good Luck,
------------------
Chauncey
Home Theater Equipment List
My DVD Collection

[Edited last by Chauncey on November 18, 2001 at 07:42 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks