What's new

Need help with a Wireless Video Transmitter (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Hi all,
I'm looking for help trying to fully configure my RCA 2.4 GHz Wireless Video Sender units. It's used to send the signal from one television to another, without the need to run wires. I'm currently using it with my satellite system, to send the signal from my main TV to that in my bedroom (http://www.rca.com/product/viewdetai...20015,00.html?)
I bought this unit and it came without the manual. :angry: I've already e-mailed RCA to see if they can send me one, but I don't expect a very prompt response. I also checked their website for support info, but it's turned up squat!
Like with all these units, you are just bascially sharing the original source signal on two sets. The benefit is that I don't need to buy another reciever... but the drawback is that I can only watch one channel on both sets at the same time (which is fine, considering I live alone, and wouldn't need to watch both at the same time anyway...).
In any event, I've hooked up the transmitter & reciever, and the audio & video are transmitting just fine. The problem I'm having is getting the remote control to work from the 2nd TV in the other room, where there is no reciever. The RCA Reciever Unit is supposed to accept the remote signal, send it back to the transmitter, and control the reciever.
There is an LED connection & cable which I have not connected yet, mainly because there's no LED connection on the back of my reciever. Is this the problem? Does the LED need to be connected?
FYI, I have the Bell ExpressVue reciever, Model 3100 ([http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...D78468EB743F1C).
Right now I'm stuck walking back to the main TV to switch channels. I'd appreciate any help that anyone could provide!
Thanks!!!
Moe.
I'd appreciate any help that anyone could give me.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
You're supposed to plug the LED (IR cable) into the transmitter and place it near the IR port of your satellite receiver. You might have to fiddle with the placement to get it to work right. Sometimes room reflections cause it to not work right.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I just realized that the cable I recieved with this unit is a regular audio cable, and *not* the Infrared Cable with the 3.5mm Mini-Plug (as stated on the package).
This was a purchase off of e-bay, and I've already contacted the seller to let him know that the item is not complete and was shipped with the incorrect equipment.
Is it possible to purchase the infrared cable separately from an electronics store? Otherwise, I'm pretty much screwed... I'll either have to make due with the partial-package that I have, or attempt to get a refund from the e-bay seller (which will be "fun" to say the least). :angry: :frowning: :thumbsdown:
Moe.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Check your satellite receiver to see if it has an IR control jack on the back. It may be that the cable you have is correct. I think the early model RCA satellite receivers did have such a jack.
If that RCA wireless sender is anything like the X10 wireless sender, here is a link to the manual for it
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/vt32a-om.pdf
With the X10 sender, the IR remote function requires the X10 RF Remote. If your satellite receiver is also RCA, I believe its remote is also RF capable so it should work with your sender. The question then is, will it work with an external IR emitter like this one http://www.smarthome.com/8170.html. I guess you'll have to give it a try.

Neil Weinstock

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased a similar unit to extend my Tivo, and returned it when I found out how the remote works. They lead you to believe that there's an IR blaster at the end, but they're designed only to plug straight in to receivers that have a compatible IR control input, which the Tivo does not.

So, as Gordon says above, it's very possible/likely that there is no IR transmitter for your unit; either your satellite receiver has the appropriate input jack or you're screwed.

And so I am still without access to my Tivo from my bedroom. Possible solutions exist but have various crippling problems. One day I'll figure this out...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks