What's new

need help, receiver keeps turning itself off. (1 Viewer)

Greg Schoff

Auditioning
Okay i have a problem, i've had my dvd player since they first came out and i just unhooked everything and hooked it back up because i got a new tv stand and now when i play dvds on the dvd player it just shuts itself off. When i just have the receiver on dvd and no dvd playing it stays on, could this be a problem on the dvd player. its weird because i also have an xbox and i hooked that up to the dvd part of the receiver and it accepts the digital signal just fine and doesn't turn off. i also tried both coaxel and optical and when i play the dvds it just shuts the receiver off. any help on what you think it could be would be very helpful. Thanks

Greg

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say , it does look like there is something wrong with your DVD Player?
You've already did some troubleshooting(hooked up other components to same input and they worked),so it narrows it down to the DVD Player.
You could always take your player to a friend's house and try it out on his system and see if it does the same thing??

Brett_H

Second Unit
Greg,

Are you 100% sure that no speaker wires are shoring anywhere? When you say the Xbox plays, are you talking sound or just video? I've seen a copuple of threads recently about people's receivers going into auto-protect or shutdown due to a few strands of wires touching the receiver's chassis. You might want to double-check all of the connections to make sure this isn't the case.

If not, I don't know...

-Brett.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks