What's new
World Wide Stereo

Need help in choosing (1 Viewer)

Pauly_B

Auditioning
I'm looking for a 16:9 LCD for my father's bedroom. I was hoping to get something around 30 or 32 inches...but those turned out to be a bit pricey. I've found the Samsung LNS2738D (27") and after reading some reviews am liking that one. The cheapest I've found is $697 at Sam's. Anybody have any other suggestions? Not having too much luck.

Thanks in Advance

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Pauly_B

Auditioning
I've heard some good things about the bigger vizio's but not so good news on the smaller ones.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
Their 50" plasma is a good bang for the buck, but don't know anything about their LCDs. Personally, I don't like the flat panel LCD at all, but for 32" and smaller I don't think the issues are as big of a deal. You are going to get kind of crappy blacks and some motion blurring, but you probably shouldn't be watching sports on a TV that small anyways.

Pauly_B

Auditioning
He'll be watching everything from sports to Deadwood to DVD's...I'm kinda lookin at something that would be good for everything.

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
Well, with that price range that's probably your best option.

If you can move up to about $1000 I think the best option (if you can fit it in your space) is a 42" projection set. You can get a Samsung HLS42 DLP or Sony 42E2000 for just under $1k resale.

Another note, I wouldn't move to the 42" set unless he is going to have HD service. If he's just sticking with standard cable the 32" set is probably better.

Pauly_B

Auditioning
I'm worried about going bigger than 32" because the TV will be at the end of his bed....so I'm thinking in this case bigger will not be better. Any thoughts on the minimum specs I should look for?

ChrisClearman

Second Unit
IMO you can easily go bigger for a bedroom TV. We have a 34" sitting on a dresser which is ~5' from the end of the bed and it is too small for us.

I also assume his eyesight isn't that great, so 42" would make even more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks