What's new
World Wide Stereo

Need expert's advice for choosing AVR or Separates (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dave Moritz said:
But it doesn't seem that everything that is HDMI 1.4 is HDCP 2.2 because Denon and Marantz to my knowledge are HDMI 1.4 but are not using HDCP 2.2 like the current Onkyo and Interga recievers are.
No.Current crop of AVR are...(and UHD televisions)Camp 1...HDMI 2.0(18g) without HDCP 2.2.Camp 2...HDMI 2.0(10.2g) with HDCP 2.2.10.2g is, essentially, HDMI 1.4. HDMI 1.4 AVR have been selling for 5 years boasting "4K passthrough".Hence my, repeated, use of "essentially".With HDMI 2.0...Again...You either get 4K passthrough at 4:2:0 with HDCP 2.2.Or...4:4:4 color and 60fps.

728x90

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am planning on upgrading my currentl Pioneer Elite SC-05 but it is going to have to have hdcp 2.2 because it seems like the 4k bluray will have that and supposedly that will be the only way anyone will get 4K bluray to work with there system. There doesn't seem to be alot of choices in hdcp 2.2 in a/v recievers right now. It would be nice for some clairification from hardware companies if hdcp 2.2 will be manditory or not as it would clear up alot of confusion. I think I would be more interested in having 4:4:4 color capability than 4:2:0.

HDMI they way I understand it is the interface between devices
HDCP the way I understand it is the digital copy right protection between devices.

So what I think alot of people here would love to know is will 4K Bluray work with current HDCP or will HDCP 2.2 be manditory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks