What's new

'National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation 2'...what is THIS? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I see this at Amazon, with a street date of 12/9/03 and a $19.98 SRP...but I don't find it in Warner's password-protected advance information system!

So I go searching for it at DVDPlanet, DVDEmpire, DDD, Best Buy, and Circuit City.

I finally get a hit at CC.com but here they instead call it "National Lampoon's Cousin Eddie's Christmas Vacation Lost Cousin Eddie's Christmas"

No real description, though. I get that it seems to be a Quaid-starring sequel made direct-for-video (Dana Barron's in it, too...at least per CC), but it's strange that the studio named by both sellers doesn't have info on it yet!

Anyone got any idea what the heck this is?

Haden

Supporting Actor
It's scheduled to air on NBC sometime in December, probably around the release date of the DVD. They're going to do a whole "Christmas Vacation" night, airing the original on TV followed by this lame sequel.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
They're also making National Lampoon's Thanksgiving somethingrather, staring Judge Reinhold. It looks absolutely terrible.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Wow, talk about killing a franchise! It looks as though they'll do about anything to cash in on the almighty buck. I'll probably catch it on TV........if for no other reason than sheer curiosity. lol.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Dave:

Quaid also briefly plugs this in the commentary for the new Christmas Vacation disc. Sounds pretty cheesy though.

Herb.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Good grief. I love Randy Quaid. Having said that, does he just get paid peanuts on every job he gets, thus neccessitating this sort of thing?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
HEY, I actually went to elementary school with and was friends with Dana Barron here in NYC! She's a sweety!!!

Oh well, guess she needs the work too....

:) D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
If you guys think thats bad, wait till you hear this! According to an issue of entertainment weekly , that i read some weeks ago, there might be a Teen Wolf 3 !Lol ! Teen Wolf 2 is bad enough, but a 3rd has got to be a joke.Its bad enough that i own part 2 on dvd just to have the M .J classic. :D

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I don't remember reading anything about Teen Wolf 3. Don't you mean a TV show based on Teen Wolf, a la "Buffy"?

Apparently, failed movie franchises make great TV shows. After "Mystery Men" flopped, UPN tried to turn that into a TV series as well. I think "Zero Effect" as well.

I hope that Christmas Vacation DVD is released before Christmas. The film airs on NBC on December 15.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
If it ain't got Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo it ain't a Vacation movie. Period. And made for TV? This will, indeed, suck. Bigtime. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks