What's new

Name a DVD jam packed with bonuses on 1 disc. (1 Viewer)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"I think Steve was just making a joke"

I know, and I made another one back, about F911 reminding me of a certain wartime Disney cartoon, but I don't think you can even joke about F911 on the HTF, so, I edited the post.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

First dvd I ever bought, boy was it jam packed with goodies, it was hardly out of my player the first few weeks I had it. Should have been a 2-discer. I hope they remaster them properly and get rid of that nasty greenish tinge...:crazy:

Travis W.

Second Unit

All three Matrix films have that green tint on purpose. When the characters are inside the Matrix it's supposed to reflect the code around them. Outside of the Matrix like in Zion or the ships there's a blue life tint to the picture. The green tint is just more noticeable on the first DVD because the transfer is too bright (something the Wachowskis have apparently commented on).

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
Pretty funny, Ernest. In 1999, though, Disney was still pretty out of touch with the DVD market--obviously, since the remastered release of Pinocchio that year on VHS had more extras on it than the DVD did!:angry:

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Here are some in my collection that I think fit the bill:

Apollo 13 - Dolby Digital version

Bad Boys SE

Behind Enemy Lines

Bourne Identity - DTS version

Driven

EDtv

Fast & the furious

The Fugitive

Good Will Hunting - Miramax Collector's Series

Goonies

Hart's War

John Q.

K-Pax

A Knight's Tale

Men In Black - Collector's Series

Stand by me SE

Three Kings

Training Day

Twister

U-571

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Travis, I'm fairly sure that Steve was kidding about getting rid of the green tint......I'm having the strangest feeling of déjà vu...

StephenA

Screenwriter
XXX and Big Fish have a lot extras on them as well. I'll have to check my collection to see what else does.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
almost every infinifilm dvd from new line. ton's of extras, lot's of tracks (dd 5.1, dts, audio c., dub track). ohh, and dont's forget the lord of the rings extended editions ;)

Gary Palmer

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget the jam-packed DVD edition of DRAGON THE BRUCE LEE STORY, which crammed everything from the LD onto DVD, including - unfortunately - the non-anamorphic letterboxed print. I'm hoping Universal will do for this what they're doing with a couple of other titles from the same era (such as THE THING) and reissue the same disc, same extras, with a brand new anamorphic transfer. This is one movie that really deserves the upgrade, and the extras are fantastic.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The original release of ALIEN was a single disc and had a 5.1 and 2.0 track for the film as well as a Ridley Scott commentary, and isolated score and a second isolated production audio and alternate cue track. It also had fully animated menus and cut scenes on the disc.

Neil

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Mallrats
- Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)
- Dolby Digital 5.1 (English) and Dolby Digital 2.0 (French)
- Audio Commentary from the Cast and Crew
- Video Segments from the Audio Commentary (25 minutes)
- Retrospective (25 minutes)
- Deleted Scenes (62 minutes)
- Music Video (4 minutes)
- Theatrical Trailer (2 minutes)

That's a 95 minute film with three audio tracks and almost two hours of additional bonus video material.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'll add Shallow Hal (not even an SE) because I watched it a few days ago and was surprised. It has a *lot* of extras, and I found them surprisingly unboring for a "superficial" movie I was very dubious about. Way more/better less PR-fluffy content than what's on a typical SE these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks