What's new

NAD plus NHT? (1 Viewer)

JimG

Auditioning
Looking to combine NAD Receiver (T752 or 762) with NHT 2.5i for front, SC1 for center, SB3 for rears.

Anyone have experience mixing this equipment (NAD and NHT)?

Want good stereo sound as well as HT.

Thanks

Michael Roderiques

Stunt Coordinator
Jim

While I have not had a direct experience with NAD and NHT in a system, I would venture a guess that they will be very good together.

I have listened to NHT systems powered by other electronics. From these listening sessions, I note some sound characteristics from them that I think would match up well with NAD gear.

I think NAD sound is fairly neutral, some people think it tends to be a bit warm, or have a slightly bigger sound in the mid-range areas.

I also think the NHT speakers tend to be a tad hot in the top.

About the only way to find out would be to demo them and see if they work well together.
Does the dealer you are working with have both brands? If not maybe the NAD dealer will let you do a home demo. Then see if the other shop will let you bring in the NAD unit for a listening session.

ChrisJJ

Agent
I've had a NAD 214 driving NHT SB-3s and was very satisfied. The NHTs are very precise and revealing, and also aren't very efficient. Without a decent amp, they would be very fatiguing to listen to. The NAD is smooth and has ample power to drive them without straining.

Give 'em a listen. I think you'll be very happy.

Chris

RobertSchaez

Stunt Coordinator
I am not real familiar with NAD products, but from what I've heard, they are excellent and well made. NHT makes some great speakers. However, the NHT 2.5i speakers are difficult to drive and wonder if that receiver (80WPC) has enough power, depending on how you use it, of course. I heard the 2.5i on a Denon 4800 and they sounded awesome. I also heard them on a 100 watt Sony ES receiver. I had to crank the volume up to half before getting much out of them.
Just my two cents ;)

DanS

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup:
Jim:
I JUST heard that exact combination at a local dealer yesterday. NAD and two sets of NHT systems - sounded great when the listening position was @ 7-8 feet from each speaker, so in a small, very controlled environment - superb detail, excellent bass (especially with the NAD set-up with the outboard x-over and amps).
Don't know how it will do in a larger space, but may find out as I am considering the T752 for a new HT receiver.
Only question would be the infamous fan noise issue, and the inconsistent reports on relilablity I keep reading about.
DanS

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
I briefly had a pair of NHT SuperTwos and an NAD C340 Integrated amp matched up in my 2-ch system and it was simply amazing for the money. The "little 50 watt" NAD trounced my "100 watt" Sony A/V receiver in every way. It tamed the NHT's slight forwardness and let me hear bass I'd never heard out of the SuperTwos before.

They make a very good combo IMO. I initially had planned for an NAD/NHT hometheater system but had to integrate my 2-ch gear into the HT system so I've since gone with other options. Definitely a good match though.

Cheers!
Bill

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Dont expect high SPLs as NHT is not known for effeciency, detail, accuracy, yes, Be careful in a HT setup that you dont clipp the NAD, I really like NAD equipment it is built right and sounds great only make sure to size it right. Dont consider NADs headroom for anything but a bonus, when figuring your power requirements use rms figures and with a considerate approach you will have a great sounding system.
My experiance with NAD, although great equipment they are not very forgiving, when they clip they clip hard (even with soft-clipping) and if not handeled with care they can be a speaker buster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks