What's new

NAD 7X3 Series Appearance (1 Viewer)

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
For any of you who have purchased one of the new T773/763/753 receivers, do they look any different than previous NAD gear? For some reason, the images of them on the NAD site make them appear to have more rounded corners on the faceplates, a lighter grey color (could be due to lighting), and slightly different buttons. I ask because I currently own other NAD gear, am considering one of these new receivers, but like their previously matching appearance.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I've only seen the 773. The bottom section of the front panel is slightly rounded, however most of it is flat as well. Colour (gray) seems the same as always. As for buttons, the only difference is the power button, which is dark gray as opposed to green.

Overall, just subtle changes to the styling. It still looks like typical NAD.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
have tehy announced a t753 yet? i have seen stuff on the 773/763...minimalistic style changes...

Rich

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
The bottom section of the front panel is slightly rounded, however most of it is flat as well.
Could you tell if the actual corners (top left, right, bottom left, right) of the faceplate were any different? Current NAD gear have rounded corners, but the circle radius is pretty tight, so they're professional looking and not obvious. The new model images though, have really rounded-looking corners that make them look like they're Playskool toys or something.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Darryl:

I checked out the front facia on the 773. I did not notice any significant difference in the roundness of the corners. _Perhaps_ the 773 is slightly more round in appearance, but it is definitely not obvious. I believe it is, by and large, the same design as the previous series, and certainly not Playskool like. :)

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I had a 770, I would say my 763 is pretty much the same style-wise. My power key is still green.

Scott R. Scherr

Stunt Coordinator
What are the differences between the NAD T763 and T773 besides the additional channel of amplification and the 10 watts per channel?

Also, any word whether they will be upgraded to dolby pro logic IIx?

Can the front channels be reassigned to a second zone if one uses a separate amp for the fronts?

Thanks!

Scott

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Scott,

There probably isn't much. There is only a $400 difference, but the 773 is ten pounds heavier and probably has beefier amps/power supply for the extra channel of amplification. I have a T762 and wanted to find a reason to go to the T773, but I can't find one since I currently don't need a seventh powered channel and all other features are the same. If the T773 had Firewire, DPLIIx, and a host of other features, then I might've been enticed. So to answer your question, it will solely depend if you need that 7th channel imho.

Reg

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
I had a 770, I would say my 763 is pretty much the same style-wise. My power key is still green.
Thanks. Any comments on the performance of your 763? Any weird bugs or performance issues (excess noise, audio drop-outs, quirky behavior, etc.)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks