My First Post in a YEAR AND A HALF!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Steve Conrad, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Steve Conrad

Steve Conrad Agent

Hey Guys, I'm back from the dead. I peeked in to see how the world of HT was doing, and I totally forgot what I was missing.

For the past year my hobbies have switched from HT, to focusing all my time on my Volkswagen.

And as we all know, Hobbies = Money.

With that, I moved, got another doberman, got a promotion, and divorced in that 18 months or so!

Been looking at the 34" Sony HD tube coming out. Almost bought the current model, but I'm waiting for a built in HD tuner.

[​IMG]

-src

2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Im still an avid poster on the HTF, but my spending $$$ on my home theater has certainly slowed... My money is going to.... A VOLKSWAGEN! I got a 2001 Golf 1.8T, and Ive just started putting money into it. Ive got wheels, and a few set of tires. Just tinted the windows, and soon Ill start tinkering with intake and exhaust.

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I hope you guys don't mean you're spending all this money repairing them?? although I wouldn't be suprised[​IMG]

Oh, I'm a Honda guy:p)

Brent

4. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

Wow... this is my first post in a while... I've been lurking in the shadows every now and again. But I also have been working on my Vee-DUB! =)

I bought an '03 VW 20th Anniv. Edition last summer. I worked my tail off over the winter and put a few parts a couple of months ago.

[​IMG]

BTW, are you guys on the 'Tex at all??? My user ID is Zoku.

Glad to hear there are a few more VW fans here in the HTF...

Scott.

5. Steve Conrad

Steve Conrad Agent

6. Steve Conrad

Steve Conrad Agent

Oh, and brent, thats an apropriate view, because thats the exact same thing most honda drivers see!

BTW, dude, You joined the HTF exactly ONE DAY after me, 5 years ago. Thats insane.

7. Matt Souza

Matt Souza Agent

Geee... You guys got me all excited when you started to talk about my other hobby as well, VW's! Then I realized that your talking about water pumpers [​IMG]

I'm a classic air-cooled guy [​IMG]

you can see a pic of my car here, you'll need to add the www to the begining due to me have less than 15 posts:b

coastalcustoms.com/forum/phpBB2/attachments/mvc-839f.jpg

matt

8. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"because thats the exact same thing most honda drivers see!"

No arguments there, I just wish that VW could make a rear seat that holds more than 6 year old kids. I swear my civic has more rear seat room, and it's a coupe.

"You joined the HTF exactly ONE DAY after me, 5 years ago"

Does that mean if we worked together you'd be my boss?[​IMG]

B

9. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Im gonna try to post a pic of my dubbyah. I love it.

I hope you driving something made in the 90s... current Hondas have got to be thefugliest things on the road. I love Honda when it comes to pro racing. Theyre doing great in F1 this year. I dont think Ill ever own one though, Im too into the Euro stuff. [​IMG]

My roomate loves his 94 Civic. Hes got it loaded up, and with an Japanese spec Integra motor. He could blow my doors off... until I got the Golf. He still loves his Honda, but he had to go out and get a WRX.We were very close, so he dumped some upgrades in... now he can kick my ass. Its amazing whats possible with cars these days.

10. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"I hope you driving something made in the 90s." NOPE, I agree that the earlier models were a little better, but this is my first new car so I love her anyways!!

Actually I spent a while looking for a 99 hatch back DX with air and 5 speed that wasn't "riced up" and found it impossible.

Hey I'm also a hatchback guy, I just wish they made a less expensive hatch. I'd love something with 127HP Si engine and not the $25 000 hatch we have here. Talk about outpricing yourself in the market!

Brent

11. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

12. Steve Conrad

Steve Conrad Agent

hahah, brent, have you been continuously posting the whole time?

Scott, very nice! If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a GTI. I don't need all this space, not to mention, the tuner market is set for transverse engines...

[​IMG]

13. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

What a coincidence, although with as large a group of people that HTF attracts, I guess coincidences could be quite commonplace - This is the first day I have been on HTF since over a year as well.

14. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Steve, the Sony 34XBR960 is out. You should be able to get your hands on one now.

15. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

4788 posts can't be done in 4 years, I needed the whole five for those numbers..

Now if I was Patrick Sun it would only take a month or so!

B

16. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    nm

17. Steve Conrad

Steve Conrad Agent

Seth, it is? Sweet! I didn't know the model number!

What is the going rate for this thing through a B&M store?

Also, are SVS and Outlaw still hot topics?

Does Outlaw have any new Pre-amps announced?

Where is Jeremy Lancaster? [​IMG]

Oh Jeremy, your pics arn't working yet, I'll try later!

18. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

MSRP is $2200. They were in the CC computer for $2049 at first (before they raised it) and people were getting an extra 10% off that. Cost on the set should be around $1400-1500ish. I'd think you should be able to score one around $1850 or so. Maybe check out Frys. I'm pretty sure they sell the XBRs.