My budget got cut and just saw a good deal on a sub any inputs?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MarkSchro, Mar 5, 2012.

1. MarkSchro

MarkSchro Stunt Coordinator

I have been looking to replace my dead sub (25year old mirage 12"). Tough times and my budget got cut in half and might drop even more. I was looking at SVS and definitive tech super cube 4000 and even the DIY but now my new budget is $400. I just saw the Mirage OMNI-S10 for $386 out the door from world wide stereo it normally goes for $529 plus tax. I started looking at Lava and some other brands that people have mentioned on this site. Does anyone think $386 for the OMIN S10 is a great deal or just ok?

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Not even OK. The Lava 10 will match it and it costs less. Much less with the forum discount. DIY for $400 will crush most subs from brick and mortar stores if you are willing to build a large enclosure.

3. MarkSchro

Thanks Robert, I don't have much room for an enclosure or time so the Lava is sounding better and better.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Maybe next time. I'm still trying to get someone to build the Tuba HT. This guy built 2 and he seems to like them.

5. MarkSchro

Now that's an enclosure!!! No way I could sell that to the wife but I'm sure it goes low... Serious air moving his shirt, the neighbors must love the dual subs.