What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Directors Music Draft II (1 Viewer)

Arman

Screenwriter

Missed this comment earlier. My drafting strategy is to pick/draft my most essential/greatest/favorite albums/songs in each decade not on what I think is my all-time favorite music artists' greatest works. Green was released on 1988 and it is also one of my all-time favorite R.E.M and 80's albums. It was part of R.E.M's 3 consecutive killer/almost perfect albums [Green-Out of Time-Automatic for the People]. For the 80's (and in this music draft), I thought about drafting Green but decided not to since I planned on taking an equally great/essential albums like The Joshua Tree (nice pick by Brook), thinking that it would win more votes than Green. There are more essential (& very personal favorites) albums in the 80s (than from the 90s) that I could draft.

[Might do my 60's album pick at the end since I can't decide which one to pick among The Beatles (most personal favorite) 4 consecutive masterworks of the 60's -> Rubber Soul-Revolver-Sgt. Pepper's-White Album. One down, 3 to go!]

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Arman

Screenwriter
[Personally, I could & would also extend that Beatles masterworks/almost perfect albums streak to 9, Help!-Rubber Soul-Revolver-Sgt. Pepper's-Magical Mystery Tour-White Album-Yellow Submarine-Abbey Road-Let It Be]

Arman

Screenwriter
[Personally, I could & would also extend that Beatles masterworks/almost perfect albums streak to 9, Help!-Rubber Soul-Revolver-Sgt. Pepper's-Magical Mystery Tour-White Album-Yellow Submarine-Abbey Road-Let It Be]

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Whereas I'd extend it to 20, starting with Please Please Me, and ending with 1, although I'm skipping a number of other compilations in there. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Whereas I'd extend it to 20, starting with Please Please Me, and ending with 1, although I'm skipping a number of other compilations in there. :)

Arman

Screenwriter

I know you would George and I actually wanted to but I fear of anti-Beatles votes [from non-Beatlemaniacs here] :D

Arman

Screenwriter

I know you would George and I actually wanted to but I fear of anti-Beatles votes [from non-Beatlemaniacs here] :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
In that case, I guess I'd end my list with Abbey Road. Let it Be was recorded in the 60s, but released in 1970.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
In that case, I guess I'd end my list with Abbey Road. Let it Be was recorded in the 60s, but released in 1970.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
It's really hard to make these picks and leave out so much other great music. I'm not even certain The Joshua Tree is my favorite U2 album.

There was a time I was pretty into REM but they were never one of my absolute favorites. I never found the earlier albums all that pleasing as albums where I would want to listen to every track. Green was probably the first album I could say that about, Out of Time I didn't like as much outside of Texarcana and a couple of the singles; I would place Automatic as their best, though if I was going to listen to anything it would be Eponymous

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
It's really hard to make these picks and leave out so much other great music. I'm not even certain The Joshua Tree is my favorite U2 album.

There was a time I was pretty into REM but they were never one of my absolute favorites. I never found the earlier albums all that pleasing as albums where I would want to listen to every track. Green was probably the first album I could say that about, Out of Time I didn't like as much outside of Texarcana and a couple of the singles; I would place Automatic as their best, though if I was going to listen to anything it would be Eponymous

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Hard to be.
It's hard for me;
It's hard to keep,
Keep me from my baby

Family Style Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan (album 90s). This included the sadly prophetic, hit, Tick Tock

Remember--
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock people, time's tickin' away;
Remember that--
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock people, time's tickin' away.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Hard to be.
It's hard for me;
It's hard to keep,
Keep me from my baby

Family Style Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan (album 90s). This included the sadly prophetic, hit, Tick Tock

Remember--
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock people, time's tickin' away;
Remember that--
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock people, time's tickin' away.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:

Well I woke up this morning I was all alone,
Saw your picture by the telephone;
I've been missing you baby oh so bad,
I love you baby with all my might,
Come on home and squeeze me tight--
Long distance lovin's gonna drive me out of my mind.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:

Well I woke up this morning I was all alone,
Saw your picture by the telephone;
I've been missing you baby oh so bad,
I love you baby with all my might,
Come on home and squeeze me tight--
Long distance lovin's gonna drive me out of my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks