Mr. Ricco 1975 starring Dean Martin

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MCCLOUD, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD Second Unit

Robert
    Mr. Ricco 1975 starring Dean Martin is not available in the United States on DVD. Does MGM own Mr. Ricco? Any news of why this isn't on DVD and are there any plans to release this on DVD or MOD? Thanks! Robert

2. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen

Warner Brothers owns most of the pre 1986 MGM films, which this falls into. It more than likely will come through their MOD program sometime next year.

3. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Cinematographer

My guess is that one day this might resurface as part of the MGM Limited Edition Collection, but none of these MODs has a conventional release schedule. It's not on DVD because it's a minor catalog title that the studios don't release anymore.

4. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned

I vaguely remember seeing Mr. Ricco on a double-bill with .... Logan's Run, I think it was. Or maybe it played with White Lighting on a second run. It has some wit, like when Dino drives a freshly painted car before the paint has dried. Didn't he play a district attorney who tries to prosecute black gangsters. Kind of political for Dino. Cindy Williams was also in it. Was this ever on home video? Plenty of Dino collectors out there who want to see his last film.

5. Guest

Dean used to say about "Mr. Ricco" that it was so bad it wasn't released...it ESCAPED! Anyway, I've never seen it and wish it would get a MOD release.

6. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

MR. RICO and TICK...TICK...TICK were mentioned by the Archive for Black History Month a couple of years ago.

7. Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia Supporting Actor

I had thought they would have released 1977's BROTHERS during Black History month. An engrossing , solid film with a fine performance from the sorely missed Vonetta McGee.