What's new

Movin' On: Official Release coming Sept 20, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The interesting thing to me about this, is finding out that Allied Vaughn has a website selling all the studio mods they make. With the $1.00 postage and maybe no sales tax, this MovieZyng might have competitive pricing with WBSHOP, but probably not Importcds , Deepdiscount, or sales at Oldies.com

Allied Vaughn, WBSHOP, DD, Importcds, and Critic's Choice all use the same addresses, one in Illinois. and one in Kentucky.

Last edited:

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Movin' On is one of those very pleasant surprises that remind why you can never say your collection is completely done. I will definitely look forward to purchasing this at some point. I've never heard of Allied Vaughn before, but here's hoping they will put out a few other classic shows in the days to come.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
eager to read a review here (saw the one on the website, which wasn't flattering although it was based just on the reviewer's opinion of dvd-rs <that i'm not a big fan of either, but...> and admitted he wasn't going to buy it). This would look good in my 70s shelf but want to know it isnt a poor rip job...

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
How interesting that two shows starring Frank Converse get to be released this year: Coronet Blue came out a few months ago. Now all that's left is the 1960s drama NYPD costarring Robert Hooks and Jack Warden!

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
I contacted Allied Vaughn to find out if these were uncut or not. To their credit, they contacted the owner of the content Pro Classics for verification. Pro Classics provided a rather non-commital answer: “To the best of our knowledge, these versions are the same as what NBC aired during the shows original run, but no guarantees”.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
you believed UNIVERSAL ????? 1st off FOX had the masters strewn all over - proof in interview

www.tvobscurities.com/2016/05/meet-the-man-who-saved-movin-on

bottom-line is don't believe 99.9% of what studios say

I didn't say I believed Universal. Universal had nothing to do with my assumption that they were the distributors/owners of the series. Original run or syndication. I didn't know who owned the series. I knew it aired on NBC. I mistakenly thought Universal owned the series and therefore it was one of the series that had syndication tape masters that were lost in the fire. The original 35mm elements, I believed, were stored in a Universal vault somewhere. Therefore, too cost prohibitive for Universal to make new transfers for DVD. That has been the case with several Universal shows that had tape masters that got lost in the fire. I didn't know that the show was distributed by Fox or that Fox had anything to do with it. Most of the shows from the 70s in my collection that aired on NBC are owned by Universal. Hence my confusion as to the real ownership of the series.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The interesting thing to me about this, is finding out that Allied Vaughn has a website selling all the studio mods they make. With the $1.00 postage and maybe no sales tax, this MovieZyng might have competitive pricing with WBSHOP, but probably not Importcds , Deepdiscount, or sales at Oldies.com

Allied Vaughn, WBSHOP, DD, Importcds, and Critic's Choice all use the same addresses, one in Illinois. and one in Kentucky.
That's fairly common as they are basically drop-shipping from Technicolor's warehouse ...

Quote their websitehttp://www.technicolor.com/en/solut...es/blu-ray-dvd-services/distribution-services
Our comprehensive 24/7 distribution services cover every step of Blu-ray and DVD distribution, from order processing to cash collection, including dispatch, retailer returns processing, inventory control, campaign management, and credit management.

We focus on client and retailer requirements to provide cost-effective solutions while maintaining a commitment to performance and quality of service.

Packaging Capabilities:

• State-of-the-art automated equipment
  • Packaging solutions for small to multi-million unit orders
  • Packaging assembly
  • POP sourcing and assembly
  • Price labeling
  • High-volume specialty orders
Distribution & Fulfillment Capabilities:

• 9 million square feet of global distribution operations with over 5 million units picked, packed and shipped daily in North America
  • Full turnkey inventory control and management
  • Warehousing services
  • Most extensive returns operations in the industry, with the capacity to process over 1 million returns daily in North America
  • Complete freight management including contracts with every major carrier

A

adla

I didn't say I believed Universal. Universal had nothing to do with my assumption that they were the distributors/owners of the series. Original run or syndication. I didn't know who owned the series. I knew it aired on NBC. I mistakenly thought Universal owned the series and therefore it was one of the series that had syndication tape masters that were lost in the fire. The original 35mm elements, I believed, were stored in a Universal vault somewhere. Therefore, too cost prohibitive for Universal to make new transfers for DVD. That has been the case with several Universal shows that had tape masters that got lost in the fire. I didn't know that the show was distributed by Fox or that Fox had anything to do with it. Most of the shows from the 70s in my collection that aired on NBC are owned by Universal. Hence my confusion as to the real ownership of the series.

the original ocn still exist for lobo and bj

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
the original ocn still exist for lobo and bj

I don't know what ocn is but if you are referring to the original 35mm film negatives, then yes they do still exist. However, as has been the case for a number of years now, transferring these to a digital format or a master tape for use in syndication has been too costly for Universal to undertake. Therefore, lots of Universal shows that were lost in the fire have not been seen in syndication for a number of years now. Until the cost goes down or there is a way for Universal to recoup the cost (either streaming, DVD or syndication) these shows will probably remain in the vaults. It is possible that there are usable mater tapes floating around in some of the international markets and will surface. Season 2 of Baretta has been released in France, so anything is possible.

However, as this was originally about Movin' On and my confusion as to its ownership, I really don't see that BJ or Lobo have anything to do with this.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
What other unreleased dramas from the seventies have yet to be done?

Lucas Tanner
James at 15
the Family Holvak
Apples Way
BJ and the Bear
Sheriff Lobo
Hec Ramsey
Medical Story
The Blue Knight
Manhunter (Ken Howard version)

just trying to jumpstart my memory

what else is out there?

James

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
What other unreleased dramas from the seventies have yet to be done?

Lucas Tanner
James at 15
the Family Holvak
Apples Way
BJ and the Bear
Sheriff Lobo
Hec Ramsey
Medical Story
The Blue Knight
Manhunter (Ken Howard version)

just trying to jumpstart my memory

what else is out there?

James
THe Blue Knight is coming later 2017/early2018 from Warner Archive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks