Mouse For Laptop?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by James Edward, Sep 4, 2006.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

This is probably beyond a stupid question, but here goes-

I have begun programming remotes on my laptop, and find that the process is twice as fast on my desktop, due to the use of a regular mouse.

Can I just pick up any mouse and use it on my laptop? Can it just be plugged and unplugged at will? Is there one that might work well in this situation as opposed to another?

Thanks for the replies...

2. Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell Supporting Actor

Steve
    Sure you can.

I'm using a Micro Innovations USB travel mouse on my laptop right now. Picked it up at Walmart for about 20 bucks. It's an optical mouse and works great. The small size takes a little getting used to but I like it. However, you should be able to use just about any mouse.

3. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

I got a Logitech Laptop mouse and am very happy. I'm not sure if it is discontinued or not but I like it - it has a feature that you can wrap the cord neatly around the mouse and then snap the USB connector into place against the bottom of the mouse. There, the connector protects the optical eye when in a laptop bag, and of course the cord is tightly wrapped and out of the way. Ingenious design.

Here are all the Logitech notebook mice and the one I got is the Notebook Optical Mouse Plus and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

I rather like the small size too. Fits me very well, better than the huge Logitech desktop mice anyway.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I use a regular-sized microsoft USB optical mouse.

5. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

yep, any mouse (serial, ps2, usb) will work on a desktop or laptop as long as you have those ports.

6. Paul_Sjordal

Paul_Sjordal Supporting Actor

First check to see whether you have USB, PS/2, or both. (Click on the links for pictures of what the ports look like.) Unless your laptop is really old, chances are you have one or both.

Once you figure out what kind of port(s) you have, you can figure out what kind of mouse to buy.