What's new

Mission: Impossible III on a Monday?? (1 Viewer)

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator

Uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... what other new releases this week? Unless you want to start counting the CD releases then there really is none.

(CD wise fyi is The Who and Meat Loaf)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have been watching the M;I 3 two disc for a few days. I just guess they didn't want to compete with Halloween by releasing the DVD on monday.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Same thing is happening at MovieStop here in Orlando. They are going to start selling it at 6:00pm today (Sunday). I'll be picking up the HD-DVD version!

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo
I live in Toronto, Canada, and I just picked-up M:i:III with an exclusive third disc at BestBuy. Supposedly the third disc includes deleted scenes, but I have yet to confirm.

I don't know where this bonus disc is available in the US, but figured I'd post since no one else has mentioned it yet.

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo
haha, I'm pretty surprised by the silence of this thread. I thought this movie was easily one of the year's best event films, and possibly the most "home theater-friendly" new release I'll be buying this year. I was excited to grab it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
silent in my BBV too.

we put them out last night at 6 because walmart put them out at 6 but we still had nearly a full bay of them today when i left at 5

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Got the collector set with the bonus disc at BB today. The bonus disc is basically four EPKs that have have been recut with almost the exact same material.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Newbury Comics had the HD DVD and Blu-Ray Box sets for $47.99 each. I was very happy to pick it up at that price. Oddly enough, the store I was at didn't have the individual release of "M:I-III" in either HD format.

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo

That's a shame. Also annoying is the fact that the bonus disc can't possibly fit into the keepcase. There isn't even space for an insert...

Having said that, I watched the film last night (my fourth viewing overall) and completely enjoyed it. I've also watched the 1st disc of extras and about 15 minutes of Cruise/Abrams commentary, and it's all relatively good stuff - the commentary, in particular.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Electronic Press Kit featurettes (EPKs) are those crappy "behind-the-scenes documentaries" that are basically commercials for the movie. They're the stuff you see on E! or HBO "First Look" specials.

I hate EPKs. You almost never learn anything about the making of the movie. They always consist of the actors talking about how "complex" their characters are and how "different" the movie is from anything else that's come before. It's all a bunch of fluff.

If you've watched more than a few DVD special features (especially on releases of recent movies), you've no doubt been exposed to the joys of EPKs.

-Kelly

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Nice to hear positive things about this. I missed it in the cinemas, and since I've never bought MI1 I figured I might as well get the box of all 3; I have the initial MI2 release, and wouldn't have otherwise 'upgraded' (not sure if there's much difference at all anyway between the two) but the price difference between buying MI1 and MI3 separately, and the box, is a measly $7 or less.

Gotta agree with the comments on EPKs. Worse than useless, all you hear is lots of self-congratulatory comments or a meeting of a mutual admiration society. Why do I need a cast member telling me what his/her character is? I've seen the movie already! At least if they talk about how they "got into" the character, any research or studies they did to better portray the character, that's something, but a bare statement as to the character's background and role in the movie??? Why bother... I know, it's not their fault, but really, selling EPKs as "featurettes" is an insult to real featurettes that actually tell you something about the "making of".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks