What's new

Millennium (1 Viewer)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Would purchase seasons one and two in a heartbeat - this was some of the best television produced in the 90s. However, perhaps it would be a better idea to keep the very troubled Season Three off the shelves...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, if nothing else there's a good reason for Fox to put these out in terms of the X-Files crossovers. Completists will want to see EVERY appearance of M&S, right! ;)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Considering what was previously mentioned, about how the cost of "The X-Files" sets are marked up due to so many people needing to be paid off, hopefully this wont be the case with Milliennium, since the show wasn't that big to begin with.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Originally i was hoping for the price to be around $50 or so per set. At this point though im willing to pay full x-files dollars just to have these sets! One thing i was thinking if we don't see millenium released this year perhaps FOX is going to wait till the last x-files set S9 is released in may 2004. Then start releasing Millennium following the same release pattern the X-files had with 6 month intervals. Millenium S1 nov 2004, S2 may 2005, s3 nov 2005.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
I see The Lone Gunmen being a more reasonable followup to The X-Files boxsets (even though it should really come out between Seasons 8 and 9). Millennium only has a small link to the X-Files universe (just the Season 7 X-Files episode and the Mulder and Scully stunt double cameo in "Lamentation") and has a somewhat different fan base (even though I enjoy both shows).
IMHO, the delay in the release of Millennium DVDs appears to be due to politics at Fox Home Video. According to the transcripts of Peter Staddon's chats here at HTF, he has been working to get the show released since the middle of 2000. He is a fan, but has not been able to meet his "maybe next year" hopes for the disks. The December 2002 chat response (stating that sales figures would determine if more than Season 1 would make it to stores) suggests that there is some resistance in the company to this goal. I will remain patient knowing that there is still plenty of time for a formal release announcement for 2003, but I still have concerns that I will hear "maybe next year" once again during Mr. Staddon's next chat.

Blu

Screenwriter
Millenium was one great series!

The third season was weak but the first 2 were incredible!

I hope it will see the light of DVD soon!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Millennium only has a small link to the X-Files universe (just the Season 7 X-Files episode and the Mulder and Scully stunt double cameo in "Lamentation")
Actually, there is another connection. The character Jose Chung appeared in the Millennium episode "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense", which every X-Files fan would want to own, especially considering that "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'" is one of the best-ever X-Files episodes.

Mike Monti

Stunt Coordinator
There's another link too. During what I believe was a third season episode the Female Partner hears "The X-Files" on a tv as she is walking down a hallway.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
It seems we won't be getting Millennium on DVD at all.....read this:
"FOX Home Video just released their DVD schedule for Fall 2003 and Spring 2004. MillenniuM is not on these schedules, confirming what I announced before: MillenniuM will not come out on DVD in the near future.
To tell the truth, I do not believe that Chris Carter's second show will ever be released on this format or any other format. Of course, I'd like to be wrong, but..."
(source: http://1013.free.fr)
This sucks. Big time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Alex, I'm sure Fox is glad to know that these guys have decided for them whether or not they (Fox) are allowed to add or subtract anything from the very tentative schedule that they've slipped out, which barely reaches to next January's release of Lost In Space S1, and is the exact same list I discussed in my "Attention: Ron" thread.

Beware the doomsayers...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I agree that they can always add or subtract from that list. Happens all the time.

We'd better get Millennium in DVD soon.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
It wouldn't surprise me to find that Fox have Millennium penciled in for release when they run out of The X-Files.
Releasing two closely-related products at the same time isn't sensible - sales of one would cannibalise the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks